KILLING ZANDER [Planescape 3.0] IC thread

Dr. Screampunk

First Post
Silence. Darkness. Warmth that floods your soul, ebbing and flowing with the beating of your heart, the electricity in your brain, the opening and closing of your lungs.

Colors and patterns, forming, breaking apart, re-forming. Then the silence breaks apart to the gentle sound of the piping of a flute, the strumming of a mandolin, the gentle beating of a drum.

Your mind breaks apart and finds itself scattered throughout the multiverse, then in an instant, snaps back and re-forms perfectly in the darkness.

At last you open your eyes.

You wake up at the same time in a massive room, beautifully furnished and elaborately decorated. Beautiful, plush tapestries line the walls from floor to the lofty, ornate ceiling. A plush red carpet thickly covers the floor. Each of you wakes up in your own luxurious bed. Each bed is richly decorated with silk and goosedown bedding and as you wake up it feels as if you have just had the best sleep of your life.

There is a bed set against each of three walls; the fourth wall contains a beautiful, elaborate fireplace.

This huge room is the epitome of luxury and spaciousness. Obviously someone went to great lengths to see to your comfort. Only three things are strange: (1) There are no doors in this room, (2) There are no windows in this room, and (3) You have absolutely no idea how you got here.

The last thing you remember is . . . well, even that is hazy and unclear. Something about hunting . . . something about a place called Greyhawk . . .

Your companions in the room look familiar, but it is hard to say exactly who they are or what they have to do with you.

Your equipment, weapons, and armor are hanging on hooks beside your respective beds.

[The game has begun. A few points: place OOC comments in square brackets [] and IC speech in quotation marks " ". Thoughts should be placed in italics. ]

Good luck.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Roth gapes at the fabulous richness of the room and the bed he's in. This looks like the palaces of the kings the bards talked about. Very pretty. Am I dreaming? I might be. It feels like I'm awake though. So I am I asleep or awake? Maybe one of these other people knows. I should ask them. But I should get out of the bed first, I'm dirty. I think. Yes, yes I am, I haven't taken a bath in a while. Pretty sure. Getting up now. Roth levers himself out of bed and yawns mightily.

"Am I awake or asleep?" he asks loudly, looking around for something to eat.

Ferrix

Explorer
Almost starting straight upright from her bed and snatching for the blade she always keeps hidden beneath her pillow, Keys instead opens her eyes slowly and scrutinizes the lavish interior. Checking for her veil, she makes sure it is secure across her lower face before rising from the bed. The large human across the room looks a little out of place and she can't yet make out the form in the other bed but probably another human.

The large humans voice comes across the room and she almost cringes at the indelible cliché and retorts "if it mattered, you would think you'd know the answer. Asking a figment only gets you the answer you want to hear anyways."

Slipping from the incredibly plush and over-sized bed (at least for a halfling), she begins to take better stock of the room, slowly scanning it. [ooc: search +8]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well I don't know the answer, that's why I asked. When I don't know something I ask. I'm Roth Nosebreaker. You're very small. Why do you wear a veil? What's your name? How did you get here? Who's that other fellow? Is there anything to eat?" Roth says, bouncing from subject to subject as other things catch his attention. He goes over to the little person and extends his hand for her to shake.

Last edited:

rknop

Adventurer
Pryas Farboulder

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Well I don't know the answer, that's why I asked. When I don't know something I ask. I'm Roth Nosebreaker. You're very small. Why do you wear a veil? What's your name? How did you get here? Who's that other fellow? Is there anything to eat?" Roth says, bouncing from subject to subject as other things catch his attention. He goes over to the little person and extends his hand for her to shake.

Pryas stands up and looks around. "Hmm," he says. "Not accustomed to sleeping in such luxury. I could get used to it."

He looks at the other two in the room, and a puzzled expression crosses his face. "Do I know you? Your name... well, I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue, that I know it, but somehow it isn't quite famliar."

On the word "familiar," a small, fluffy black cat stands up at the foot of Pyras' bed, stretches, wonders what all the fuss is about, and promptly curls up back to sleep.

Pryas shakes his head. "Hmm."

"My name is Pyras Farboulder, by the way. And I really do think I'm awake."

He pinches himself, and winches. "And even if I'm not awake, it seems that there may be consequences for not operating under the assumption we are awake, so let's assume we are, shall we?"

Pryas watches the halfling searching the room with interest. "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name. Or do I already know it...?" A far-away, confused look passes across Pryas' face again.

Pryas goes to look at the equipment by his bed. He's most concerned to make sure that his precious spell book is there and in good shape.

-Pryas Farboulder

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'm Roth Nosebreaker. Pryas Farboulder, that's an interesting name. Does you cat have a name? He's pretty. Can I pet him? Oh, you have a book! I haven't seen too many of those. Can I read it?" Roth asks, wandering over to the cat to try to pet him gently.

rknop

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"I'm Roth Nosebreaker. Pryas Farboulder, that's an interesting name. Does you cat have a name? He's pretty. Can I pet him? Oh, you have a book! I haven't seen too many of those. Can I read it?" Roth asks, wandering over to the cat to try to pet him gently.

"Glad to meet you, Roth," Pryas says. He looks expectantly at the halfling, hoping that she will introduce herself.

"Her name is Deva," Pryas says to Roth, referring to the black cat. He smiles sheepishly as he starts to explain the name. "That's a...., uh, that's her name."

Don't be longwinded and boring, Pryas, the wizard thinks to himself. You know that not everybody else shares your and your master's obsession with the other planes.

As Roth approaches the black cat, she opens one eye, looks him over, decides that he's not an immediate threat, and goes back to sleep. If he does pet her, she will purr gently.

As Pryas is taking out his spellbook and flipping through it to make sure everything still there, he says to Roth, "This is my spellbook. I'm a wizard."

Pryas laughs self-deprecatingly. "Or at least I'm working on being a wizard. Not much of one yet."

He holds up the spellbook and flips through the mostly-empty pages.

"Probably you wouldn't be able to read it though. It's all written in my own magical script. And I should warn you, I'm a little protective of it. This litterally represents the expression of my life's work."

Life's work, Pryas thinks to himself. Hopefully you're just barely started on that.

"Hey, do either of you remember how you got here? Like I said, I'm just kind of a starting wizard; in fact, I just finished my apprenticeship, and my former master sent me on my way to see the world, as he said it. That's the last thing I really remember clearly. I have no idea how I got here."

Looking around and seeing no exits, Pryas adds, "And I have no idea how we're going to get out. Now, if I were a real wizard like my master, perhaps...."

-Pryas Farboulder

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:

"Well, okay then," she placatingly shakes the proferred hand, "Nosebreaker eh? I could imagine that. Most people call me Keys, and no I didn't see anything to eat yet."

Looking to the less statuesque human, she gives a quick smirk, "Keys, if it's anything to you." Turning to the cat she smiles, at least the cat has the decent sense to just lay there.

Giving a slight now-what gesture with her hands she says, "now that we're awake and acquainted, let's see if we can find a way out of this room, since apparently the apprentice can't manage on his own." How much better can it get, stuck here with a self-debasing wizard and an impertinent giant of a child, and even better NO DOORS or WINDOWS! Keys' clenches one of her hands into a little fist quickly before relaxing it consciously, "or maybe we'll make a way out."

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Roth pets the cat gently and breaks into a wide grin, showing his missing front tooth, when she purrs. He listens absently to Pryas' description of his book.*

"Oh, if I can't read it then I best not read it. And I know how you feel about important things. My sword is important to me and I'd be very sad if I lost it because I made it all by myself, though the blacksmith helped me too," he says, finally standing upright again. "I don't know how I got here, I was taking a nap in the hay loft and now I'm in this fine bed. Maybe we're in heaven. It's very nice here, and heaven is supposed to be nice.

"Keys is your name? Do you have keys? Or make keys? Are you a locksmith? But you want to get out? I can do that. The innkeeper said I was always good at breaking things."

*With that, Roth will start to strap himself in his armor and arm himself.*

rknop

Adventurer
Pryas nods to Keys. "Well, OK, let's see if we can find a way out."

"Oh, if I can't read it then I best not read it. And I know how you feel about important things. My sword is important to me and I'd be very sad if I lost it because I made it all by myself, though the blacksmith helped me too," he says, finally standing upright again. "I don't know how I got here, I was taking a nap in the hay loft and now I'm in this fine bed. Maybe we're in heaven. It's very nice here, and heaven is supposed to be nice.

"Hmm, could be," Pyras says, "but somehow that doesn't seem right. Not sure why. But if it is, then maybe this is a test. I've read a thing or two about heaven-- it seems there is such a place. Or actually, quite a number of places, because different people all have a different idea of heaven, and they may all go to different places. As to what any of them look like, well, I wouldn't be really sure. But I know that some of them are all about people bettering themselves, and perhaps, somehow, that's what we're supposed to do to get out of here."

Looking at Keys, Pryas shrugs, and says, "but I suspect you don't care all that much about the philosophy of it all, and are more interested in finding an exit."

Pryas will safely stow his spellbook back with his gear, and asist Keys in looking for a way out. He'll look under the beds, and see if the carpet can be lifted at the edge of the room. He'll also take a close look at the ceiling.

If he finds something that warrants further attention, he'll look at that too. If after we've all been over the room once we haven't found anything, Pryas will cast Detect Magic and try to sweep as much of the room he can with it, ignoring his own spellbook but otherwise looking for any possible sources of magic.

-Pryas Farboulder

Remove ads