• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

0-level PCs and "fell" monster powers

Orcus

First Post
Just a heads up...

Necromancer Games' Advanced Players Guide will include rules on "0 Level" PCs, which simulate old school 1st level play. Fewer hp, powers, true chance of death, etc. Presented as an optional add on for PCs that allow for play before 1st level for those who want it. Includes an optional mechanic for power selection and skill selection through play as the PC advances from 0 level to full fledged 4E 1st level PC.

Clark

Last edited:

Orcus

First Post
Seems there is a lot of interest in being able to maintain this style of play so we thought if we are bringing other old school things, we can do this too.

Oh, and our Tome of Horrors will also include "fell" versions of some monster powers presented as alternatives, such as petrification and other death powers. No, it is not quite save or die, but they are alot deadlier than some of the current powers that are being shown.

Both 0-level play and "fell" monster powers will be add ons and aternate rules that you can use. They are not mandatory. But I think they help restore a bit of the 1E Feel that we are famous for.

Clark

Cool stuff, not for me, but glad it is out there (might stop a bit of whinging:))
So I take it that all is cool reference GSL and 4E and Necromancer? If yes, what are your shipping costs to NZ :p

Jack99

Adventurer
Orcus said:
Just a heads up...

Necromancer Games' Advanced Players Guide will include rules on "0 Level" PCs, which simulate old school 1st level play. Fewer hp, powers, true chance of death, etc.

Hmm.. Does this mean to suggest that 4e has no chance of death at level 1? Because, if so, you should ask my players. Or better, swing by Denmark and I will show you ;)

All and all, it sounds good. Options are always great, and since we have dabbled with level 0 characters both in 2nd and 3rd editions, it would be great not having to re-invent the wheel for 4e.

Cheers

sunmaster

First Post
Hi Orcus,

Is it possible that you give us a approx. time when we will get your products based on 4th Ed. ?

Thank you
regards
sunmaster

Remove ads