• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

100 ft movement?

hammymchamham

First Post
If my charecter can move 100 feet in a normal move, what is he faster than? Is their anything without the run feat that can out run him? Ok, aside really fast monks.

FCWesel

First Post
Quicklings have a base speed of 240 feet.

So a quickling witht he run feat could get 960 feet in six seconds.

opps...actually it has a permenant haste, so i guess it could do its haste action in movement too...

So a full run + partial action of movement gives it a full on 1,200 a round...compared to your 400 or 500 (if you had the run feat).

Zenon

First Post
100' per normal move.
Normal run (x4) = 400' in 1 round (6 seconds)
4,000' in a minute at a run.
240,000' in an hour at a run.
Divide by 5,280' (1 mile) for 45.45 MPH while running.

Not bad. With the Run feat giving you x5 at a run, you darn near run a mile a minute:

5,000 in a minute at a run.
300,000' in an hour at a run.
Divide by 5,280' (1 mile) for 56.81 MPH, with an acceleration of 0-60 in 6 seconds.

Congratulations! You can run at highway speeds, and have better acceleration than most four or six cylinder cars! :)

Clay_More

First Post
Dont forget Expeditious Retreat. I have a problem of an annoying monk in my campaign with 1 level in sorcerer. Always casts Expeditious Retreat + Jump. He can pretty much go everywhere he wants in 1 round (plus, he can reach AC 31, which is annoying for a 3 rd. level character).

dreaded_beast

First Post
hammymchamham said:
thank you boots of striding and springing and having a base speed of 50 :D

how is your base speed 50?

i remember reading somewhere, possibly the FAQ, that boots of striding and springing do not stack with certain class abilities that increase speed, such as that from a high level monk.

Remove ads