• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1001 Things on my d20 Holiday Wish List

Undead Pete

First Post
Dear Santa/Yahweh/Allah/Shiva/Cthulhu, etc.....

I have been a very good gamer this year.

• I have loved my dice and reqularly clean them with a soft chamois
  • I have strictly adhered to my alignment
  • I have only argued with my DM when he was obviously wrong
  • I have created many kewl taglines for my character
  • I have taken only what I deserved from party treasure
  • I have NEVER been creepy enough to play a PC of the opposite gender and then used it to make dumb sexual jokes
  • I have laminated my character sheet and use dry erase markers to maintain its pristine state (Hmmm... that's not a bad idea actually)
  • I have NEVER wasted valuable game time trying to decide what my adventuring fashion ensemble should look like
  • I have yet to attack a fellow PC unless under some sort of nefarious mental domination magic
  • I have multiple kewl gaming t-shirts
  • I have played all 3 editions of D&D and believe that each have their merits

Since I have been so good, please send me the following for the holidays...

1) A solid gold d20 die
2) A fully charged Wand Of Wonder
3) A well-acted, wonderfully-plotted, Oscar-worthy Dungeons & Dragons movie
4) A lifetime subscription to Dungeon
5) A lifetime subscription to Dragon
6) Perdido Street Station d20
7) Permission from my wife to play whenever the heck I want :rolleyes:
8) A Big Ass Sword
9) Frequent publication as a d20 freelancer
10) STR 18 DEX 18 CON 18 INT 18 WIS 18 CHA 18 (in real life)
11) A monster concept that actually wins the Creature-By-Poll
12) Enough $$$ to buy every d20 product that is ever available
13) A plethora of critical hits

Azure Trance

First Post
Give to others as you'd give to yourself:

14. Sponsoring indepedent D20 magazine publications (ie, Scrollworks Press) with enough force to rival Dragon and Dungeon.

Last edited:

I ask for inspiration to create great games for my friends at home and at college, and great gaming products for my friends online and in the whole world-wide gaming community.

I also humbly ask to make enough next year to put into a safety cache fund so I'll feel confident I'll be able to support the woman I love when I propose to her. Even though I know she is so wonderful that money would never matter to her.

I want to make roleplaying into an artform. We gamers are all artists (some casual, some obsessed, some starving, some professional), but we just don't all know it yet. With luck, not only will we know, but so will everyone else. :)

Crothian

First Post
I want the patience to handle a large group and not kill characters on a weekly basis just to relive the stress. I'd also like the Ohio Gameday to be a very good success and that everyone hasa lot of fun there.

Azure Trance

First Post
Crothian said:
I want the patience to handle a large group and not kill characters on a weekly basis just to relive the stress.

Jesus, that's what's been bugging me! For the last two weeks I've been thinking the half-orc must go...

Moe Ronalds

First Post
I don't recall any beholders, illithids, or displacer beasts in LotR.

The capacity to role play anything other than Hack n' slash

Unlimited time to work on my adventures/campaign world.

For someone to always supply soda, chips, and pizza (pizza in roll form is also acceptable)

FOR A G** D*** TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, playing on the floor gets to you after a while)

A Laptop to keep my gaming files on so as to reduce my ink intake

For the two youngest members of my group to remember their riddillin.

For my Uber-catholic friends to stop thinking that I'm goin' to hell

For Jack CHick to be shot.

For Jack Chick to be shot again.

And a third time for good measure.

For everyone to realize that the above was a joke.

For someone to write the land before time D20

For me to get to work on my new idea for a D20 game: Resting Homes and ReallyreallyreallyOldpeople

For someone in my group to play a Gnomish pirate (I'm offering 100 XP to any character that does this, or a similarly cool idea)

Gez

First Post
A time machine so I can travel back in time and have 96 hours per day -- otherwise, I can't do all what I want to do, between working, wasting time on Internet, gaming, reading, and preparing adventures.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads