• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1001 worst character types

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Vraille Darkfang said:
Bard with as many Electrical effects as he could muster.

Name: Van Halen.

Birthplace: "Niether form the cursed drug-den excuse for a county Roth, nor the horrid back-woods nether-hole of Haggar, but from the truly superior, grand and nearly perfect county of Cherone

Death came swiftly to claim him. (A glyph of warding in the outhouse).
:lol: You're killin' me!

A Cherone-era fan? Death was too good for him :p

Warrior Poet

Edit: Nothing against Gary himself. But VHIII was . . . not VHI or II by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

sniffles

First Post
Okay, not D&D, but it could easily have been D&D ;) : A pseudo-Japanese sorcerer, in an area of the world (Glorantha) where sorcerers are reviled. And he didn't take a language that anyone else in the party knew, which meant he couldn't talk to anyone, since RuneQuest doesn't have a "common" language.

Any D&D character that has a level of Rogue ("for the skill points"), followed by two levels of Fighter ("for the feats"), and then goes into his 'real' class. (Same player as above)

A true story: Okay, we're all going to play magic-using mercenaries, in a world setting where non-humans are rare. What are you going to play?
"I'm going to play a centaur slave who doesn't know any magic, and I'm going to refuse to ever learn any magic. Oh, and whenever my owner gives me a direct order, I'll ignore him and do whatever I want, then get annoyed when he punishes me." :confused:

werk

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
The Paladin whose player is insane, where both the player and the character make a sock puppet friend, which the player uses as a prop.
I used an insane paladin NPC is one of my adventures. He'd been 'probed' too much...sometimes it just doesn't pay to be pretty.

I generally hate character ideas that are personalities, like dual wielding drow renegade, or human wizard that traded his health for power and now has yellow skin and hourglass eyes.

I really hate it when someone makes a character with total disregard for the rest of the party. Ok, so...we have a paladin, a cleric, and a sorcerer. It would be great if you could play rogue or scout, something like that. OK, how about I roll up a cleric?

Butch Dyke Ogress (3 Charisma).

Monk levels with Improved Grapple.

And a custom crafted Strap On +2 Wounding, Shocking Burst, built to 'Storm Giant' Specifications.

Character not allowed.

Though that didn't stop the nightmares form the Character Illistration I was shown.

Poor little goblin.

Greywarden

Explorer
Vraille Darkfang said:
...nightmares form the Character Illistration I was shown.

Poor little goblin.
The Horrror... I cannot find the words.

In a GURPS Illuminati/WoD Campaign: A mentally disturbed female (played by a male player) who had multiple persoanlities all derived from the Egyptian Pantheon. One minute Ra, the next minute Set... thank god (or the gods as it may be) they only made a couple of sessions before disappearing.

tetsujin28

First Post
werk said:
I generally hate character ideas that are personalities, like dual wielding drow renegade, or human wizard that traded his health for power and now has yellow skin and hourglass eyes.
What are PCs other than personalities?

Hussar

Legend
Vraille Darkfang said:
Butch Dyke Ogress (3 Charisma).

Monk levels with Improved Grapple.

And a custom crafted Strap On +2 Wounding, Shocking Burst, built to 'Storm Giant' Specifications.

Character not allowed.

Though that didn't stop the nightmares form the Character Illistration I was shown.

Poor little goblin.

*ROTFLMAO* That's brilliant. Hrm, might work for my Shelzar game.

anton1066

First Post
Worst Character? The DM's.

I was playing in a solo campaign, just me and the DM. So he decides to give me an adventuring companion played and made by the DM himself no less. What does he give me you ask? A ranger of peace. Wont use weapons and only fights unarmed to knock people out. Of course I asked why not just make it a monk who does subdual damage. Nope were playing in FR and there are only peace loving rangers apparently. So what’s the first random encounter we face. Some tree thing that grapples my wizard in the first round. What does the ranger do? Nothing cause he only fights unarmed and you cant &*($&%$ do subdual damage to a tree.

The only one who survide was the tree and the ranger (who decides to run). Then the DM asks if i want to play the ranger.

Remove ads