• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

101 Magic Items nobody needs.

Andor

First Post
Magic items that were just plain bad thinking.

1. Shocking, burning, acidic, sonic, frost TP.

2. Brilliant Energy Athletic Suporter.

3. Decanter of Endless Nothing.

4. Deck of Many Plushies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
9. Trousers of shrinking. Their only power is to magically change their size to fit someone who's one size category smaller than the person trying to put them on.

Agent Oracle

First Post
12: Paddock of the Titans: A great green field where several titans wander about.

13: Ring of laser globe of invulnerability: render the wearer immune to all manner of light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Sadly, no weapons in D&D inflict damage by amplifying light with stimulated radiation.

14: Seven League Boots: No amount of ice can help the tremendous groin strain that you get when you put one foot 24.5 miles ahead of the other...

Oryan77

Adventurer
Here's a few that I actually have in Akin's 'The Friendly Fiend' magic shop (in Sigil). It's the only magic shop in my campaign and everything he carries is pretty pointless:

15. Vampire Goggles - protects a vampires eyes from sunlight (but not the rest of its body)

16. Cigar of Everburning - Cigar is always lit on fire but doesn't burn, isn't hot, & the tobacco isn't real (but you'll look cool).

17. Quill of Calligraphy - Have sloppy handwriting? This quill writes in a beautiful calligraphy style.

18. Bandanna of Ever-Present Perspiration - Cools down body temperature but causes unstoppable sweating.

19. Halberd of Rat Slaying - +5 enchantment bonus vs rats.

20. Cloak of Indefinitely Blowing Wind - There always appears to be a draft blowing this cloak around (I had a player actually buy this for his rogue so he always looks amazing while standing infront of people).

Remove ads