• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

101 Riddles of the Sphinx

Torx

First Post
Let's hear some good riddles that you've used/thought up for your traps, puzzles, and of course: the Sphinx.

If I might suggest - give the answer in a later post, only if others haven't come up with the proper one yet. And feel free to post unoriginal riddles, but don't steal 50 from the same site. Here are a couple to start us off in good fashion:

1. What walks on four legs, then two, then three?

2. The part of the bird
that is not in the sky,
which can swim in the ocean
and always stay dry.

3. What is unique about this poem?

Evil am I.
Evil,
as so to die not sane.

Menace I lay.
A stab mocks.
I revolt.

No din is still.
I kidnap and I kill.
It's sin I don't love.

Risk combat.
Say a lie.
Cane men.

A stone I do toss!
Alive,
I'm alive.

A happy lurker turns 50 with this post. Only took a year and a half, discounting posts lost in the Great Server Migration. Yay!

Jolly Giant

First Post
This could be fun! :D I'm not very good at making these things, but I love to solve them, so I'm looking foreward to seeing what turns up here.

Gotta put in my 2 cents worth, though:

4) If you speak my name, you destroy me. Who am I?

5) It belongs to me, but both my friends and enemies use it more than me. What is it?

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
The answer to #2 could also be a shadow. And #3 is not only a palindrome, but one of the longest (and coolest) I've ever seen! Did you develop that one yourself?

Johnathan

Remove ads