• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

101 signs your kid is going to be a gamer

Timothy

First Post
16: It's first word isn't mommy but DM

17: It's first sentence isn't Mommy, PLEASE, (you guessed it) DM PLEASE

18: Your child can count to 20 within a couple of moths but doesn't grasp the purpose of every number after that until his fighter turns level three and gets more hitpoints.

19: When riding on his fathers back the kid thgrows a D20 and happily says het got his check.

20: He knows what Versimilitude means before the age of 4.

21: He insists his playdates can come by between 8 PM and midnight.

ptrpete

First Post
22. After playing with a school friends' cat, he asks "Can we get a familiar too?"

23. She describes a fantasy or sci-fi film as "realistic".

Drawmack

First Post
24) The six year old begs for a set of polyhedrals for months, and she knows what she's asking for.

25) Everytime she learns a new word she asks if she can read good enough to play DnD

26) Has explained the concept of role-playing to other children at school.

27) When other kids say they are playing pretend she says - no you're not your larping.

(all true)

Sixchan

First Post
31) The other kids play Cops & Robbers, but your kid insists they play Orcs & Adventurers.

Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
32. At 18 months, the first toy she gets off of Daddy's bookshelf is the giant d20.

33. The second thing she grabs is the Beanie Baby Cthulhu.

(both true)

34. Plays with minitures describing how the "heroes" will defeat the dragon.

35. 4 year old learns to count to 5 and asks if he is now allowed to play "gaming". (true story- )

36. Instead of referring to them as dice, the kids refer to dice as d4,d6,d8 etc.... (true story)

37. 4 year old corrects cashiers, freinds and relatives whom point out dragons on a book cover. "No- THA'S a geen dagon, a crimzim dagon..."

38. 4 year old goes through my books before I do after buying them and points out the best monsters and "dagons".

kengar

First Post
39. Doesn't want to color, but would rather paint minis instead.

40. Has me & my wife for parents ;)

Last edited:

I forgot the best one-

39. Parent / Teacher IEP meeting Teachers talk about his use of imagination and story telling involving heroes, monsters and dragons
(true story...the looks on the teacher's faces when I told them I play the dreaded evil satanic game of Dungeons & Dragons and allow him to watch or roll dice!!!!)

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
42. Junior gets an A for his essay on why lady dwarfs have beards.

43. Your teenager knows more about medieval economics than his history teacher does.

44. Ditto for medieval demographics.

45. The pre-teen can name 14 different types of polearm, and makes mock-ups in woodshop.

46. The five year old learned to color using Tome of Horrors

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads