• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

101 Things To Find in a Sewer

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Okay, so I've decided that for my next campaign, the group is going to be part of the Waste Management Guild in Ptolus. The biggest job they will have is clearing out miscellaneous stuff within the sewers and making sure that everything is fine. However, I want to make the sewers a little bit interesting even when they aren't currently 'adventuring' within the sewers. What can be found within the sewers?

1. Uh, normal sewer stuff. I think we ALL know what that includes.
2. Dead body. PCs may or not recognize the body as that on a wanted poster for 100gp alive, 50gp dead.
3. Copper ring. 15cp.
4. Torn clothes.
5. Bloody clothes.

Your turn! :)

Peterson

First Post
7. Gators
8. A subculture of Dwarves/Gnomes that are trying to eek out a living, based off what little fungus/moss they can grow as well as the odds and ends they find.
9. A hidden temple to a rare god. Abandoned.
10. A partially water-logged book written in a strange and unknown language.
11. A couple kegs of really stale beer.

Sejs

First Post
12. The ever-reclusive Sewer Druid. Gnome, kobold, just a short ugly human, race is up to you. Tends to a supprisingly well cultivated garden of subterrainian flora. Lives by scrounging and hasn't been upside in years.

13. A clown outfit? What's that doing floating down here?

14. Rats. Lots of rats. In the middle of their large nest... a battered chess set.

15. A severed hand, gnawed on, half rotten and covered in mold.

16. Hey, look! Somebody flushed their wallet!

Presto2112

Explorer
17. A nest of awakened rats
18. A child's doll
19. A crowbar
20. A map of the sewers and a sheet of paper of when shift rotations occur
21. A single lit candle
22. A likeness of one of the adventurers made of poop
23. An hour glass with most of the sand in the upper chamber
24. A single gold brick

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
25. A golem designed to perpetually clean the sewers, made of the very substance it cleans up, i.e. the S.h.i.t Golem. Beware its breath weapon :)

26. A hungry otyugh. It wanders up to the party, and asks if they have poop.

27. A mob of filth mephits, who surround the party and throw gobs of unspeakable filth at them.

28. A giant crocodile.

29. Four members of the halfling mafia, enroute to their subterranean lair.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads