• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

10th level spells . . . inspiration required

nonsi256

Explorer
I’m trying to figure which 9th level spells are over the top compared to others and could fit 10th spell level.
In addition I’m looking for other effects that fit the bill.

- I’ve already decided Genesis and Miracle should be 10th.
- Gate no longer has the summoning option and (Limited)Wish is gone, so they’re not part of the equation.
- Other effects (hand-waved, no accurate stats yet) I’ve already decided upon are the summoning of a demon prince (long and extremely volatile), raising a small mountain and causing a volcano to erupt.

[FONT=&quot]Any other ideas that seem appropriate ?

[/FONT]

Aus_Snow

First Post
Arcana Evolved might be a good place to look, as it has 0-10th level spells, albeit with a slightly different (and very cool!) magic system in place of 3e's. Even so, it's fairly easy to make stuff compatible between the two systems.

If you don't have access to the book (or PDF) there's an AE SRD here. Also, or alternatively - could be more to the point for your needs - at the Malhavoc site, you can download a comprehensive list (from this page) of AE and 3e spells, all laid out AE-style, and again, from levels 0 to 10. That info comes from the Spell Treasury, a supplement for AE.

And of course, for all its faults, the Epic rules could provide some workable starting points, I believe. If you don't have the ELH, the relevant bits can be perused here. Some lesser epic spells could be converted to 10th level spells, without too much of a headache.

Likewise, Incantations could be used for fodder.

A few lazy ideas, anyhow. :)

rgard

Adventurer
Mayfair Games did a supplement for 1e/2e called Archmage. IIRC, it had 10th level spells. You may be able to find it on Ebay cheaply enough. It could help you fill out level 10.

Thanks,
Rich

Kerrick

First Post
Here, check this out. It's the rules I use for L10+ spells, along with a list of such spells. Some of the epic spells would make decent L10 spells also, as Aus pointed out.

victorysaber

First Post
If it helps...

Command Weather

Transmutation

Level: Druid 10
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: 1 mile/level
Area: 1 mile'level radius, centered on you
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

As control weather, except as noted.

It takes 1 round to cast the spell, and 1 round for the effects to manifest. You can call forth any type of weather, regardless of the climate and season of the area you are in.

You can concentrate to control specific applications of the weather - where lighting strikes or the exact path of a tornado, for example.

When you select a weather condition to occur, the weather assumes that condition 1 round later, changing abruptly. The weather continues as you left it for the duration, or until you use a standard action to designate a new kind of weather (which manifests itself 1 round later).

Contradictory conditions (snow and a heatwave) are possible simultaneously, although they might neutralise each other (snow + heatwave = rain, for instance).

You can also duplicate (using this spell's statistics, if better) the effects of
- call lightning storm
- obscuring mist
- fog cloud
- gust of wind
- sleet storm
- wind wall
- ice storm
- control winds
- whirlwind
- storm of vengeance

You can also, with a standard action, use the weather to deal 1d6/level damage (max 30d6) to one target per caster level within the spell's area. You can deal electricity (via lighting), cold (via snow), fire (via a heat wave), or acid (via acid rain) damage, but only one energy type at a time.

Remove ads