• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

11 Multiclassing Feats for those who dont like PrC's

Phasics

First Post
Updated PDF overall power reductions across the board , changes in red

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmrztvjdz2s

This pdf is actually based around the Pathfinder classes so keep that in mind when comparing to using them in a straight 3.5e.

There's over 800 combinations of dual classing level splits you can do with these feats so still working on the balance side of things, clear trouble spots are marked in red. All based on the Practised Spellcaster feat but taken alot further.

Keep in mind these feat are exclusive to core classes and prevent a character taking ANY prestige class.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1bjdyng50t

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
Very neat idea! Thanks for sharing the PDF.

If it looks like it'll work, I would nominate this (or something very much like it) for Pathfinder (i.e., to be officially part of the rules.)

I was thinking of something similar, as I said in a thread here a while back, but more along the lines of the specific feats that first appeared in. . . Complete Adventurer, was it? One of those. But I like this option maybe a little bit more. Time will tell.

Nitpick: In the Barbarian section, it should read 'Effective Barbarian Level', but instead reads 'Effective Fighter Level' - clear enough anyway, not to really worry about, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case you're likely to update the PDF at that dl site.

I'll read through it some more soon, and if anything (good or bad) stands out, I'll post in this thread again.

Cheers! :)

Phasics

First Post
Very neat idea! Thanks for sharing the PDF.

If it looks like it'll work, I would nominate this (or something very much like it) for Pathfinder (i.e., to be officially part of the rules.)

I was thinking of something similar, as I said in a thread here a while back, but more along the lines of the specific feats that first appeared in. . . Complete Adventurer, was it? One of those. But I like this option maybe a little bit more. Time will tell.

Nitpick: In the Barbarian section, it should read 'Effective Barbarian Level', but instead reads 'Effective Fighter Level' - clear enough anyway, not to really worry about, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case you're likely to update the PDF at that dl site.

I'll read through it some more soon, and if anything (good or bad) stands out, I'll post in this thread again.

Cheers! :)

Thanks I need the nit picks I was crap at English in school hehehe I will be making revisions to the pdf for both balance spelling and grammar as required.

Also If you can find any clearly overpowered combinations please let me know they are number one on my hit list.

10th level sorcerer +5 BAB
5th level Barbarian +5 BAB
Practiced Barbarian +4 BAB

= +14 BAB​

That's if I'm reading the feats, correctly:

Base Attack Bonus: Use you Effective [Barbarian] level when determining your Base attack bonus which will supersede the normal rules for determining a multi-classed BAB

The fact that it's capped out at a maximum of the character's ECL helps keep it close to being balanced, in my opinion. Though, it is probably still overpowered for a single feat.

Phasics

First Post
10th level sorcerer +5 BAB
5th level Barbarian +5 BAB
Practiced Barbarian +4 BAB

= +14 BAB​
That's if I'm reading the feats, correctly:

The fact that it's capped out at a maximum of the character's ECL helps keep it close to being balanced, in my opinion. Though, it is probably still overpowered for a single feat.

Actually had a closer look at this since you last post and I think it best if I drop the BAB bonus from Barb Ranger and Paladin as they already give some solid bonuses from the feat, might leave it on for fighter though.

Phasics

First Post
After further testing I'm looking at a reduction across the board for Casting and other key abilities such as ki points and rage points.

Basically for casting DC will still equal ECL , however numerical effects will now equal true caster level + (effective caster level - true caster level)/2

So a 10Sorc/10Fighter would now have DC of Sorc 20 and numerical effects of a Sorc 15

A similar reduction is in line for rage points and ki points , overall I think it will reduce the chances of abusive combo's comming out. also recognises that a Pure 20 caster should have better numerical effects on equivalent spells than a multiclass caster.

Remove ads