• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

11 were Chosen. Own up who was called !

Rashak Mani

First Post
So are you own of the 11 chosen for the WOTC setting contest ? Tell us then ! I´m curious to know...

Give us a brief glimpse of what you sent WOTC too...

First Post
I'm fairly sure WotC has asked them not to say. From what I've read in other threads, they want to continue to keep the process blind, so they don't want people posting to boards (like this one) that WotC folks read.

As for posting the one pagers, I'm not sure they want that either. i think for NDA purposes they want to keep the final 11 hush-hush, at least until 1-3 are chosen.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
If you check the other threads about this, or the WotC site, you'll see they were asked not to reveal their identities; they are using blind judging.

Rashak Mani

First Post
So they contacted the 11 in order to get more material on the setting ?

I wasnt asking for the one pagers either. Just a brief overall mention of their world/setting. ie: "Bird men and tiger men in a tropical jungle world."

The number of submissions was a little over the top.... a lot of work there.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Yes, they contacted the 11. The 11 were instructed to NOT reveal their identities. WotC would also not want the details of the settings revealed either, until the end.

EDIT: Had to put in the word "not"

Last edited:

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
So they contacted the 11 in order to get more material on the setting ?

Yes. The 11 now write 10 pages about their worlds. WotC then chooses 3 to write 100 page setting bibles. Those 3 get $20,000. They own the rights to those three. They pick one to use for publication. That person gets the 100k.

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
I wouldn't ask for anything from the people who are continuing to the next phase. It's possible that, if they do reveal anything, they could be eliminated from the contest. At least that's what I would do if I were running it.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Guys keep on posting... I know Kershek is not one of the chosen now. If we go on like this and Piratecat doesnt post an answer we will have one of the names !! :D

We´ll go by elimination !!

Well Congrats to the 11 even if you dont ID yourselves....

Players... if your DM stops DMing and only talks about writing / deadlines you know he is one of the chosen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads