• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General 1200 D&D Players Break Guinness World Record

The largest game of D&D ever as 1,227 players take on Vecna!

The town of Provo in Utah was the scene of a new world record this weekend when 1,227 Dungeons & Dragon players joined together for the largest game of D&D ever played and defended a castle against the archlich Vecna.

The event was organized by Andrew Ashby, who owns Geek Together, a store in the town's mall, Provo Towne Centre mall. The previous record was about 500 people, which Ashby more than doubled. Geek Together opened last November.

For a game of that size, a system of runners was employed to communicate information between the many tables and the lead Dungeon Master, Dax from Dungeon Master Direct. 200 individual DMs were also used. There was a livestream of the event (below).

R_J_K75

Legend
And you thought it took a long time for your turn to come around playing in a group of 4. I'm just gonna roll initiative, go watch Dr. Zhivago, hit the DMV and then I'll be back

EDIT: Wow, I remember it being long but 6 hours 56 minutes is crazy. Put the one person that actually sat through it on HBO in the early 80's in the Guiness Book of World Records

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'd definitely do a road trip to do this next year if they repeat. :)
i think this is the first film with johnny depp that i actually hate. cheers. GIF

R_J_K75

Legend
I'd definitely do a road trip to do this next year if they repeat. :)
Provo in Utah is pretty far from me. Im hard pressed to go two blocks to the store for beer these days. But it would be fun if it wasnt for the fact that I dont do well in crowds anymore these days unless Im mentally adjusted

Remove ads

Remove ads