1E/3E DMG dungeon in Dungeon magazine?

Tharian

First Post
I'm sure you've already realized this, but even though the map is not there, the basis of adventure is referenced twice in the DMG. The first is given in the "Example of Play" section where the dialogs have been updated to match the rules and the use of the iconic characters.

The second time is at the end of the "A Sample Adventure" section and gives the actual room descriptions for locations 1, 2, and 3.

I really need to dig that issue of Dungeon out of storage and have a look-see. So many memories tied to that map. I wonder how I can use it to scare my current group...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yeah, I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get the PDF, but it'd be nice if there were a Dungeon Compilation on the horizon, since it seems likely that one would make it in.

grodog

Hero
In my version of that ruined monastery, it's another, further-flung outpost of Elemental Evil, which survived the fall of the temple, only to be overrun later for unrelated reasons. I'll have to dig up my background notes again, which have apparently dropped off the 'net from when I last recounted the details....

Remove ads