• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E 1e The World of Greyhawk...reprint WotC

D'karr

Adventurer
This is what happened to my original WoG books:
http://www.totalbullgrit.com/blog/must-not-kill-dog/

The WoG books were among the best works of Gary Gygax.

Bullgrit

That dog must have really, really, really hated the world of Greyhawk. Not once, but twice. Maybe he was some sort of agent for the Elder Elemental God, and vicariously destroyed the world in the only way he could.

I cannot say that I feel your loss, it would come out as a shallow reflection of how you must feel, but that is one of the main reasons I've refused to get a dog.

Hope you've been able to replace them. The books, not the dog.:)

Last edited:

I'd happily buy Gygax boxed set redux, Paizohawk/Living Greyhawk reboot, or any combo thereof.

Not interested in 4e-ized Greyhawk IP, or the 2e Greyhawk Wars/From the Ashes.

I'm meeting my specific Greyhawk requirements will be WOTC's top priority, as always. :)

I would definitely buy me a set if they'd print it. Really I've wanted one ever since I know it existed. The DM who was running our 1E campaign back in the day had a copy and never used it. Criminal. Of course, I might not use it either, or at least not directly. But it would be read and certainly appreciated if not ever actually being the basis of an ongoing campaign.

Yes, but only if they reprint the fantastic poster hex maps with it.

The Living Greyhawk Gazetteer is actually pretty good, but it's missing those original WoG hex map posters.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I have three copies of the boxed set, three of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, and one copy of the original Folio. And yet, I'd still like to see the setting republished.

My "essential" Greyhawk consists of the 1983 boxed set + the LGG. I don't agree with everything in the LGG, but it provides great expansion over the bare-bones 1983 descriptions. However, it lacks a lot of the world-building crunch of the 1983 set (although, in retrospect, the weather tables could be left out. The encounter tables are more useful).

Cheers!

MrHemlocks

Banned
Banned
WotC has got to have plans to reprint or pdf The World of Greyhawk. I mean with all the recent 1e releases, both in print & pdf, they know there is a market for the original The World of Greyhawk.

odinfellhammer

First Post
I love the boxed set. This is my go to for my own world set up. I use the flavor of various countries, weather charts and encounter tables also, but I do create my own twist.

Remove ads