1st Edition Premium Unearthed Arcana Reprint

delericho

Legend
I have all the 1st Ed hardbacks in decent condition, and am unlikely to give them any serious use, so UA isn't for me.

I'm sorely tempted by the "Spell Compendium", though (either the reprint, or a used copy when they hopefully drop in price).

The other reprints I would be interested in would be the "Rules Cyclopedia", and some sort of compilation of classic modules.

Oh, and a "Dungeon Archive" DVD, of course... though I don't expect that to happen! :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Well, we know Diaglo won't pick it up, because it was written for Gary's powergaming scions. :) (my 2nd favorite Diaglo quote.)

Seriously, I might, because my copy of UA is barely hangin' in there. (It actually belongs to a former gaming buddy of mine, who left it at a friend's house, who bequeathed it to me until the friend ever decides to reclaim it -- which was about 13 years ago.)

Treebore

First Post
As for modules, that would depend on price. I'd certainly like to buy new printings, though. For an example, of many I could give, my Scourge of the Slavelords has the pages simply falling out whenever I try to read through it. The original modules are very beat up as well. So getting nice, new, print copies that can last me another 30 years would be sweet, because my current copies are not going to last another 30 years. Fortunately I have already made a PDF copy of Scourge, so I will always have it in digital format.

Steely_Dan

First Post
There aren't many hardcover books of 1e that are really viable as reprints for their content after UA, which is dubious in a number of areas IMHO.

I still have my fingers crossed for compilations of the adventure modules, which could end up being many, many more hardcovers. What would you pay for a hardcover reprint of GDQ?

I don't agree, Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, Fiend Folio, Monster Manual 2, Wilderness Survival Guide, and my favourite D&D book of all time: Deities & Demigods (dig the Melnibonean chapter) all have fantastic, juicy, 1st Edition loveliness.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
For all its quirks...it is probably in my top 5 of game books read and reffered to over the years.

And its somewhat unusual nature should make it highly collectible.

Stouthart

First Post
Looking forward to this. This was the book to have for my group during the 1st edition days. Sure it suffered from power creep, but we didn't care about that as kids. You got too powerful, the DM would just smack you down with a monster that outclassed you.

I would also love to see a reissue of the Rules Encyclopedia. My copies have seen better days.

Stouthart

Remove ads