• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E 1st time to Pathfinder, Class choice?

Twichyboy

First Post
Alright here are my current stats

Str-12
Dex-20
Con-12
Int-17
Wis-8
Cha-11

I put my 8 in wisdom for mostly roleplaying reasons, will that come back and bite me?
Also my DM gave me a free +2 to any stat i chose for being a Kobold and i put it in CON for a slight health advantage, although with the thought of sticky poison, should i put it into INT?

And i can't really decide what to do for feats, I was thinking Weapon Finesse would allow me to hit just about every time with melee, so i wouldn't always have to use a Crossbow and could get the sneak attacks for Flanking

however I was also thinking about taking Fleet twice then dodge and mobility and then i could control the battlefield without being put in danger with a 40ft move speed and an AC over 20, with the option of retreating into areas too small for enemies to give chase with my slight build feature

However It would take me a while to get the whole mobility thing down, so what would you all recommend Feat-wise and Stat-wise?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I would put the +2 in dex, though int is almost as good a choice. I would strongly suggest switching wis and cha scores. Using mutagen for a dex bonus (which is the best score for you to use it on) means a wis penalty ON TOP OF that already low 8... Have the mutagen's effects on your wisdom be how you "RP" the low common sense or whatever.

Definitely get Weapon Finesse, your dex is massive. Fleet and Mobility aren't very good, I'd avoid those. I know you want to shoot, but I think any Viv. Alchemist should get Feral Mutagen early on, it's very nice for when you do melee and can sneak attack. I have to disagree on Master Alchemist feat...with Swift Alchemy you should have enough time to make poison unless you're really strapped for downtime.

Another thing to think about if using poison conversion and lots of poisons...once you hit level 10, you can literally stand in the middle of your own inhaled poison cloud and fight just fine. Regular Alchemists can already do that sort of thing with cloud kill bombs and such, but you can do that, too. Also, if focused on ranged attacking, look into dipping Oracle 1 and taking the Water Sight revelation. Plop down some obscuring mist from a wand or whatever, and now you can see through it just fine, and anyone over 5 ft from you can't see you (sneak attack!). Once you get your wings discovery, you can hover in the air with an obscuring mist floating around you (text neither says it's heavier or lighter than air, so presumably it's about equally dense and would stay in mid-air). Just some ideas.

Do you get traits? With base dex 22 and +4 dex from mutagen, and a +8 size bonus, you could be pretty frigging good at stealth, might want a trait to make it a class skill. :)

Twichyboy

First Post
Well actually a pathfinder Kobold starts out with stealth as a class skill no matter what, and withthe web enchancment we added, kobolds already have two claws and a bite attack so it looks like I lucked out! :D

Remove ads