• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2 New Classes Announced

malkav666

First Post
I would buy a big book 'o' the planes. I would also buy smaller doses of it in chronicles supplements ( I really enjoyed the last one you folks did).

As far as what i want to see in future books...

Epic sounds awesome. I would love to see another take on high level play.

I like the idea of a book on space themes. I would really be interested to see what Paizo could do with a brand new game system developed for modern era roleplay (But I know this is probably very far off).

I think what I am most interested in is a UA style book of all the changes that DID NOT MAKE it into the final PF rules. You know all those 3.x fixes that were left on the cutting room floor to appease the gods of backwards compatibility. Those steps forward are perhaps what I am most interested in, and I am perfectly willing to come out of my pocket with some of my hard earned cash to get some of them.

But aside fromt he things I have mentioned I will just say that, I have been very impressed over the last year with Paizo, and as long as it is not a book on a topic I find to be absolutely dull, then there is a good chance I will pick up anything they publish just for the quality of the writing and reading enjoyment if nothing else.

love,

malkav

James Jacobs

Adventurer
If all else fails, im willing to beg. I dont wanna, but damnit, I'd love to see a full fledged Planar book from you guys.

If by "full fledged," you mean a 320 page hardcover book... we'll see.

If by "full fledged" you mean a book of any size... we've done this already with "The Great Beyond." Written by Todd Stewart.

Remathilis

Legend
I'm going to sound like a broken record...

* Psionics
* Epic Levels
* Monster Books (generic Bestiary books are fine, but so are themed ones like fiends, undead, giants, fey, etc)

I wouldn't be against a Spell Collection, Magic Item Collection, or other "crunch" collections as well.

Personally, I wouldn't at ALL mind a d20 Modern/Pathfinder hybrid. Even as a one-shot, I'd be in hog heaven for a modern d20 game using Pathfinder assumptions and fixing d20M's glaring holes (healing especially).

Drkfathr1

First Post
1. Epic Book
2. Psionics
3. Asian Themed book
4. Lots of future Bestiaries.
5. A big collection of Prestige Classes
6. Savage Species style book

As for a Planar book, I'm not sure I would want something like that so much. The 1st Ed MoTP, 2E's Planescape, 3E's MoTP, and the Chronicle Book you've already done for Golarian are sufficient for me. That's a topic that's hard to do in a generic enough fashion since its mostly fluff with very little crunch. When you start adding crunch you have to shoe horn it into a specific, or handful of specific settings.

Now, smaller planar books with new planes/demi-planes, or even entire adventures set in another plane would be nice!

MerrikCale

First Post
If we are taking requests then I would say Asian themed followed by Middle Eastern themed (by Wolfgang Bauer perhaps)

I liked the environmental books like Frostburn. Those were great.

I also liked Heroes of Horror and Libris Mortis. Something along those lines. I know Classic Horrors Revisited is coming

Starsunder

Explorer
If by "full fledged," you mean a 320 page hardcover book... we'll see.

If by "full fledged" you mean a book of any size... we've done this already with "The Great Beyond." Written by Todd Stewart.

By "full fledged", yes I mean a 320 page hardcover book. It would be so rad from you guys. Seriously, I think if my core rulebook could talk, It'd tell me to leave it the hell alone for a while. So much good stuff.

And yes, im aware of the "The Great Beyond", and it was a fantastic book. But as good as it was, it just left me wanting a lot more.

Gnome

First Post
I am excited about the new classes - except for the templar, which I don't specifically dislike, so much as not "get" yet well enough to get excited about it.

The alchemist sounds like a blast - kind of a Medieval mad scientist, or a n artificer the way it should have been done.

The oracle also sounds really fun - not just a weird spontaneous divine spellcaster like the favored soul, but something much more flavorful. I love the idea of focusing on one domain, and the downsides or quirks that come as being a channel for divine energy like that. I could lead to a number of fun character concepts.

Btw, does anyone know if the oracle will rely on Charisma for spellcasting? I am rather hoping not, since I don't see them in my mind as necessarily having to be particularly imposing when they aren't acting as conduits for divine energy. I love the idea of someone who seems frail and unimposing until the right moment.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the witch is done - I think the game could use a witch, so long as it is implemented in a way to make it feel witchy enough, and not just another spellcaster. Combining arcane and divine spells makes sense - kind of like the adept's spell list.

Finally, I'm glad that we're not going to see a bunch of new classes beyond these ... that will hopefully mean that these ones will continue to get developed and supported in future product releases.

MerrikCale

First Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how the witch is done - I think the game could use a witch, so long as it is implemented in a way to make it feel witchy enough, and not just another spellcaster. Combining arcane and divine spells makes sense - kind of like the adept's spell list.

I look forward to the witch too. The fact that it has a curse mechanic and will rely much more heavily on familiars seems both appropriate and darn cool, too

Remove ads