20 levels in 3 months? NOT THIS TIME!

the Jester

Legend
Jester, how'd you account for teleport magic?

Well, this is a 4e campaign, so there was only short-distance teleportation for me to worry about. So I didn't really need to worry about it (yet)... and since we had the six-year siege, I am satisfied with the amount of time the pcs will take to go from 1-30, even if they do the other 19 levels (they are now 11th) in six game days.

In fact, other than a few short-term teleport powers (fey step, dimension door, etc), a quest for a component for a priest wanting to make a "door" that the populace could escape through and a few monsters with minor teleportation (balhannoth!), teleportation hasn't come up yet in the campaign.

hailstop

First Post
I've got HoB at home, and I just realized that I have never, in the years I've had it, cracked it open. Maybe I should go home and do that.

In 3.x, I was a level-whore. I simply couldn't get enough levels. What I really wanted, I think, was to break into the "sweet spot" and stay there, since after that I didn't care too much about leveling.

We've been playing 4E since release and I just got to level 6. I can't say that I've been nearly as antsy about leveling as I was before. I could easily see dragging my current character out across several campaigns for a couple years.

I'd originally wanted to finish our campaign to level 30 by November, but given we only game every two weeks, that was ending up requiring us to level up every week.

Well, that ended pretty quick. We decided that the players just weren't able to get used to what they could do before they were getting more stuff. So we've decided to go back to a more relaxed progression. :)

hailstop

First Post
I've got HoB at home, and I just realized that I have never, in the years I've had it, cracked it open. Maybe I should go home and do that.

In 3.x, I was a level-whore. I simply couldn't get enough levels. What I really wanted, I think, was to break into the "sweet spot" and stay there, since after that I didn't care too much about leveling.

We've been playing 4E since release and I just got to level 6. I can't say that I've been nearly as antsy about leveling as I was before. I could easily see dragging my current character out across several campaigns for a couple years.

I'd originally wanted to finish our campaign to level 30 by November, but given we only game every two weeks, that was ending up requiring us to level up every week.

Well, that ended pretty quick. We decided that the players just weren't able to get used to what they could do before they were getting more stuff. So we've decided to go back to a more relaxed progression. :)

Remove ads