• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2000+ Feats

Thorindale

First Post
[semi rant]

Just downloaded the latest feat compilation from WotC - It had 2240 feats from all their products. 2240! Granted, several of them have been listed twice, listing both the 3.0 and 3.5 versions, but still.... How could anyone possibly use even a fraction of those???

And we think the number of prestige classes is outrageous.

[/semi rant]

Crothian

First Post
Its not about uising a fraction of them, its about finding the ones you want that fit the character. Heck, I give out feats every level and we still use a fraction of what is out there, but most people don't have all the books and even those that do don't use all the ones they have. But it is really cool when the players look through the books and find the one feat that really fits what they want to do.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Aside from Toughness, which feats can be taken multiple times? (I don't include feats that can be taken muliple times but must apply to something different each time, so Weapon Focus would not count).

CM

Adventurer
Particle_Man said:
Aside from Toughness, which feats can be taken multiple times? (I don't include feats that can be taken muliple times but must apply to something different each time, so Weapon Focus would not count).

Generally, anything with "Extra" in the name, for one...
Extra Rage, Extra Smiting, Extra Turning, Extra Stunning, Extra Wild Shape, Extra Music, Extra Invocation, Extra Slot, Extra Spell, Extra Spell Secret.

Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
If you consider that each feat generally tends to cater for a certain class, and consider the 15 classes or so out there from official products, it's not that bad. 150 feats per class, and you can discount a lot simply because they won't fit a concept.

Pinotage

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
What's really crazy is that a crapload of micro-managed feats aren't necessary to create unique characters, but you wouldn't know that by looking at this list (or some of the replies to this thread, for that matter). Personally, I like feats in D&D - but as a mechanic, they're really nothing more than a superfluous bit of window dressing designed to cater to a particular play style. I think it that it is very important to keep that in mind.

What I don't like is the very incorrect impression that publishers who churn out feats by the boat load give hobby newcomers (i.e., that feats are necessary to create unique characters). As hundreds of other roleplaying games (including previous incarnations of D&D) have demonstrated, creating individual characters is possible without needing to have each facet of their personality boiled down to a die roll bonus or other mechanical widget.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads