• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2005 WotC d20 Modern product: d20 Apocalypse

lp

First Post
Curses.. I'm going to want that... but I already have a whole smack of dw2 stuff. I hope some is compatible-ish.

Bill Scott

First Post
So we're just going to have two Modern books next year as opposed to one to three supplements each month for D&D? Typical of WOTC, this sucks big time. Thank god for better companies like Green Ronin, Mongoose and RPG Objects

Ki Ryn said:
Ah, at last I will be able to run my " 'Damnation Alley' Meets 'Ark II' " campaign! :D

Get your damn nose out of my campaign notebook:) Seriously, I've been planning to run a campaign full of cinematic campaign elements. I'm using ideas out of Brave New World, Logan's Run, Damnation Alley, Jeremiah and Mad Max

malladin

Explorer
This actually gets me thinking something - would D20 Modern be a good system to do Dark Sun? (obviously without the guns :) ).

Cheerio,

Ben

HAR-Vee

First Post
Weird that folks are excited by a WotC post-apoc release when Darwin's World has been out for years. After seeing WotC's quality (which is still very good), I don't think they can beat RPGO in any arena except color printing. Strangely ironic that Darwin's world just sold out too (but it may still be in your FLGS).

I have to say, I think this is kind of a weird entry for WotC. A 96-page campaign model is not their typical m.o. for supplements.

I will say that they're a little late in the game for a barter system. Dawning Star: Operation Quick Launch will have a detailed barter system for foundling cultures.

[whisper mode]Psst. OQL should be out as soon as next week.[/whisper mode]

BrooklynKnight

First Post
jaerdaph said:
FYI: Seeing the list of 2005 WotC products for D&D made me curious about what they had in store for d20 Modern next year besides d20 Past. Found this at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786932732/qid%3D1100539972/102-1582125-9353707
Lets see, Eric Cagle, very good. Owen Stevens, ok He's not bad...
Darrin Drader...blech. That lowers the books value about 10 fold. So far I've not liked any book he's had his claws on. From Exalted Deeds which was terrible compared to Vile Darkness, to Serpent Kingdoms. Hell, had Ed Greenwood not co-authored that realms book, I would have passed on it all together.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
scourger said:
Man, I hope those guys are talking to Jonathan Tweet or at least taking a close, hard look at his awesome work on Omega World!
Agreed, but If they are gonna be talking to anyone for additional design on this book it should be Rodney Thompson, Stan, Rich Redman, and Chris Perkins, and just as a testament to his past skill good ole Charles from RPGO..

Remove ads