2011 PC Bodycount Thread

Reynard

Legend
TPK in the Dragon's Delve. Thorfr the dwarf barbarian, Zu the half orc Druid, Fritz the human rogue and Igni the half Orc sorcerer got caught between a ghast and a hard place.

Remember kids, battles can draw wandering monsters.

jedavis

First Post
Had a PC kill in my Traveller game twoish weeks ago. The PCs were trying to hijack a ship in dock being guarded by half a squad of well-equipped mercenaries. The party managed to split the mercs up, with two running to the bridge and the last guarding the hold. The PCs went after the lone one in the hold. The party psion, Tsilri Aseph, won initiative and leaped out of cover to attack the mercenary telepathically. The mercenary remained conscious, and opened up on full auto against the lightly-armored, physically unimposing psion... using an automatic grenade launcher. The first grenade was enough to put him in critical condition (0 End, 0 Dex, 2 Str), and then there were two more after it...

S'mon

Legend
1 so far - as DM running a 2-shot AD&D game 3 weeks ago, I sacrificed an Altanian barbarian PC to the troglodyte god Laogzed in the Endless Tunnels of Enlandin, set outside the City State of the Invincible Overlord in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy. The PC had been captured in the previous session but the player had better things to do than turn up for the next session, he was a bit upset when he found out, even though it wasn't an ongoing campaign.

Reynard

Legend
Here lies Camwallon, 10th level human conjurer (PFRPG). He was killed -- rather ignominiously -- in the Dread Crypt of Shiroz by
the vampire aboleth.

I am sure he shall return, but he's just as dead.

Dragonwriter

First Post
So far (all as DM):

Rush Rednail, Male Shifter Warblade 4, throat and chest ripped apart by a nabassu demon he made the mistake of taunting... then failing his saving throw vs a ghoul's paralyzing bite.
Athestryx, Male Draconic Aasimar Cleric 1/Paladin 1, also shredded by the nabassu, after it had killed Rush.
Alan a'Dale, Male Human Bard 4, also became nabassu chow.

Another casualty of that fight was Razzle, a male Halfling Warlock 4, though his player had pulled out, so it was my way of writing out the character.

Yes, that was 1 fight. 2 survived by running their rears off. It really wasn't supposed to be that hard. But I also told the players "There will be fights you should flee."

Recently, I very nearly killed Cross Facebreaker, Male Draconic Spiker Monk 2, with a bearded devil... he got healed, though. And just in time, too! :p

MortalPlague

Adventurer
In my thieves' guild campaign, I killed the Vampire Rogue with a horrific sewer-monster. He had a round to escape, decided to stay and fight. The monster tore him apart.

Other than that, no other deaths yet, though there have been some close calls. And plenty of NPC deaths.

Dice4Hire

First Post
The wizard died this last session. Actually, the wizard, shaman and swordmage all dies, but the swordmage and shaman both came back. In a few sessions we'll see if they are happy about being back or not.

The wizard is jsut plain dead. Not too happy about it now, but maybe better in a few sessions.

S'mon

Legend
I TPK'd a party of 4 1st level PCs on their first outing - and their first experience of me DMing - with the aptly named Slaughter Pit goblin encounter in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. The players came back for more!

Jhaelen

First Post
We now have our first casualty in our 4e Darksun campaign (current party level 2-3): The wizard was slain by the berserking sun-warped leader of a tribe of goblins.

Remove ads