• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24 (Aired 5/18) SPOILER REQUEST

Phaedrus

First Post
My satellite screwed up the recording thanks to the time shift from Bush's speech. I didn't get the last 20 minutes of the show. Could someone please post a synopsis of what happened?

I saw up to the part where Henderson went into the guy's place and Jack just climbed on the roof when it cut off.

Please help!

Let me see if I remember ... Jack thinks Henderson's trying to betray him (of course), and Henderson starts talking to the guy inside about CTU agents being outside and that he, the guy inside, should start dumping out his computer files and get out of there with Henderson. Jack and the others bust in, Henderson claiming that they just came in too soon, that he was trying to trick the guy into dumping everything onto a flash drive. Jack sends the data back to CTU anyway, and Chloe, after a little delay, finds plans for a Russian nuclear sub that just happens to be docked at a more-or-less unguarded dock in the Port of LA. (Apparently, that sub was there being inspected by US forces as part of the treaty Logan had just signed with the Russian president--guess they weren't wasting any time in implementing it). Jack get a hold of the captain, alerts him to the potential attack from Bierko, but it's more or less too late--Bierko and his goons are there, shoot the captain (who's coming topside), and drop the nerve gas canister into the sub, killing everyone on board. I forgot to mention that their goal in getting the ship was a number of (I guess) conventional-but-still-deadly missiles. Jack and a forced-volunteer Henderson are on their way to the site when the show ends. I probably forgot a thing or two in there, but that's the main-story bit.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
You can also get the recap from the Fox web site, they detail every 24 episode.

Good episode. Aaron is the man! He communicated so much by just saying "Charles".

Hijinks

First Post
Jack get a hold of the captain, alerts him to the potential attack from Bierko, but it's more or less too late--Bierko and his goons are there, shoot the captain (who's coming topside),

Just to be nitpicky :p It was the American naval officer in charge of the inspection who was shot by Bierko while going topside, not the Russian captain of the sub.

First lady kickin arse and taking names, finally....

Banshee16

First Post
I'm curious why the sub would be sitting at an unguarded dock. Where were the marines, or sailors, or soldiers, or whoever, who should have been guarding it?

I missed the first 10 minutes. Did they figure out who deleted the recording? Sounds like Jack's in a lot of trouble now...no proof about what the president did. No way to divert attention from himself to keep from being arrested or killed when the president gets his hands on him..

Banshee

Welverin

First Post
Banshee16 said:
I'm curious why the sub would be sitting at an unguarded dock. Where were the marines, or sailors, or soldiers, or whoever, who should have been guarding it?

It's TV and it was necessary for the plot.

That's the best I've got.

I missed the first 10 minutes. Did they figure out who deleted the recording? Sounds like Jack's in a lot of trouble now...no proof about what the president did. No way to divert attention from himself to keep from being arrested or killed when the president gets his hands on him.

You really didn't see the first ten minutes.

They decided to test the set-up before getting on with the Attorney General, Jack grilled Chloe and she remembered that Miles came in. Jack threatened him and Miles pretty much admitted what he happened.

The President later called and talked to Karen and said the evidence he had against Jack wasn't as good as he thought and Jack was free to go, i.e. he wanted Jack to leave CTU alone to make him an easy target.

The preview for next week has me excited for potential comeuppance!

DonTadow

First Post
Welverin said:
It's TV and it was necessary for the plot.

That's the best I've got.

You really didn't see the first ten minutes.

They decided to test the set-up before getting on with the Attorney General, Jack grilled Chloe and she remembered that Miles came in. Jack threatened him and Miles pretty much admitted what he happened.

The President later called and talked to Karen and said the evidence he had against Jack wasn't as good as he thought and Jack was free to go, i.e. he wanted Jack to leave CTU alone to make him an easy target.

The preview for next week has me excited for potential comeuppance!

I dont know, taht sub thin made me have to seriously susend my belief more than normal. Heck, with that security the old pizza delivery trick would have worked.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Missed the episode. It sounds like it was good. Gar! I was hosting an out of town speaker for the school. Bummer man. At any rate, I sure hope that Miles (aka weasle boy), gets sucked into a jetplane engine or something before the season's over -- preferably shoved into it by the president himself, who will only moments later will get shoved in himself by Jack Bauer.

Dark Jezter

First Post
DonTadow said:
I dont know, taht sub thin made me have to seriously susend my belief more than normal. Heck, with that security the old pizza delivery trick would have worked.
"Who's there?"

"Land Shark."

"What?!"

"Um, I mean Pizza Guy."

ohGr

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Well, with marshal law in place, maybe they either 1.) didn't feel the need for security or 2.) with marines stationed all over LA, they simply couldn't spare the manpower.

Remove ads