• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24: Season 6 (2007) Day 6 (*12):4:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
84391.jpg

Jack is forced to work with an old enemy under extreme circumstances, and Wayne calls a staff meeting to discuss the threat.​

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
A pretty predictable episode. I really like Morris' character, but right now I'm starting to feel like this "Woe is me/We don't trust Morris" subplot is this years "Kim Bauer story." It isn't really important and for the most part is an annoying distraction. If they continue with it, I hope it ends up leading to Morris really screwing up or it will just be a waste of time.

DonTadow

First Post
I surprisingly liked last nights episode. It felt a slight bit unpredictable as I didnt know if they'd really blow up that room or not. Plus the failed attempt at escape by the chief of staff was hillarious. I guess we all can't be Jack bauer.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
So, we know the cabinet will now support the VP so he can become acting President. The next question is how long will it take Wayne Palmer to have a "24 miraculous recovery*" and be able to return to duties.

*This would be the ability of cast members to be beat up, have their hearts stop, legs smashed with a baseball bat etc. and be able to walk, talk, run and/or fight as if they had had the television week off, rather than be just an hour later. Perhaps we could call it Fast Healing 24?

DonTadow

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
So, we know the cabinet will now support the VP so he can become acting President. The next question is how long will it take Wayne Palmer to have a "24 miraculous recovery*" and be able to return to duties.

*This would be the ability of cast members to be beat up, have their hearts stop, legs smashed with a baseball bat etc. and be able to walk, talk, run and/or fight as if they had had the television week off, rather than be just an hour later. Perhaps we could call it Fast Healing 24?
I know one thing, Jack said at about 45 minutes into the show that it will take him at least 45 minutes to reach (can't remember where he was going). I know that i better not see jack anywhere but in a car until 30 minutes into next episode.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I sware.. how stupid does 24's "shadow government" think the average American is? I mean come on.. How does "Lets have the President Blown Appart IN the White House Bunker right before a press conference" NOT implicate the VP (who just happened to disagree with the President on the subject of creating Islamic Internment Camps) as being in on the assassination? I mean yeah, I can see them saying that it was a suicide bombing by Mr. "Ex-"Terrorist but then how can you explain why secret service would let him into the presidential bunker without strip searching him just to make sure that he doesn't try to blow the president up? The incompetance of the situation is starting to make Logan look like the evil mastermind.

Gunslinger

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
I sware.. how stupid does 24's "shadow government" think the average American is? I mean come on.. How does "Lets have the President Blown Appart IN the White House Bunker right before a press conference" NOT implicate the VP (who just happened to disagree with the President on the subject of creating Islamic Internment Camps) as being in on the assassination? I mean yeah, I can see them saying that it was a suicide bombing by Mr. "Ex-"Terrorist but then how can you explain why secret service would let him into the presidential bunker without strip searching him just to make sure that he doesn't try to blow the president up? The incompetance of the situation is starting to make Logan look like the evil mastermind.

An episode or two ago I believe Reed said that the VP was uninvolved in the conspiracy, but he would be much more inclined to support the sort of policy that they wanted pushed through.

Good episode (though I thought the security check should have been a little more thorough than the 30 seconds or whatever they took to look over the contents of that briefcase, especially to enter the President's bunker during a time of national crisis). Logan is almost certainly playing Jack, the highlighted Bible passages that Jack found just confirm it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Gunslinger said:
An episode or two ago I believe Reed said that the VP was uninvolved in the conspiracy, but he would be much more inclined to support the sort of policy that they wanted pushed through.

True, but for all the audience knows, that could have also been a lie. After all, I'm suspecting that the events of the original Palmer presidency and coupe attempt that occured during that would have been known to Lennox. For this reason, Reed would have been stupid IF he said the VP was involved (if it was true), because if Lennox would have chickened out (like he did) and warned Wayne Palmer of a coup Wayne would have reacted quickly (assuming that he knew of the coup attempt in his brother's administration), and might have actually caused major heads to roll.

Never the less, if the days news was released to 24's American public; the VP's innocence would automatically be questioned, in the mind of the average conspiracy theorist, the moment they discovered that the president was assassinated while he was in a secure bunker with only administration and secret service present.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
True, but for all the audience knows, that could have also been a lie. After all, I'm suspecting that the events of the original Palmer presidency and coupe attempt that occured during that would have been known to Lennox. For this reason, Reed would have been stupid IF he said the VP was involved (if it was true), because if Lennox would have chickened out (like he did) and warned Wayne Palmer of a coup Wayne would have reacted quickly (assuming that he knew of the coup attempt in his brother's administration), and might have actually caused major heads to roll.

Never the less, if the days news was released to 24's American public; the VP's innocence would automatically be questioned, in the mind of the average conspiracy theorist, the moment they discovered that the president was assassinated while he was in a secure bunker with only administration and secret service present.

All the more reason to keep the VP out of the loop. He'll be the first person everyone suspects, but when an investigation comes up with no dirt on him he'll be left with a "legitimate" presidency.

Remove ads