• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[2e] LOOKING FOR ONE OR TWO PLAYERS FOR MY ONLINE 2E GAME

froth

First Post
I have a slot or two open in my weekly game. I want to be upfront and say we use both "theater of the mind" AND gridded combat, so if you hate battlemats it wont be for you. We play on the RPGTable which is free and easy to learn to use. Here is the link http://rpgtableonline.com/campaigns.php

Please read:

The games will be weekly on Saturdays at 8pm eastern (GMT-5). Character options are limited to the 2e PHB. Non-weapon proficiencies are allowed. The game will be more or less by the book with a couple of minor houserules added. We will be using Method I character creation (3d6 in order), so you should be open to playing a variety of classes, with characters that are not particularly powerful. You can max starting hp.

Magic Users:

Assuming you didnt qualify for a specialty school, you start with Read Magic as an 'At-Will' (i.e. you dont have to prepare it just to read a scroll, thats lame), Detect Magic (usable once per day without counting against your spell slots), and one other spell of your choice. I will then roll for one more completely random spell for you to add to your spellbook as well on the first session. You do not have to roll to see if you can learn a spell; if you can access it, and are of high enough level to cast it, it is assumed you can learn it (unless it is from an opposed school of magic).

Game is set in Greyhawk 578 CY using the old 1e box set (pre-wars). PCs have been enlisted by forces of Furyondy, Verbobonc, and surrounding areas to investigate certain sites and investigate increasing bandit activity in the area in and around the Gnarley Forest. The fear is that the dark forces behind the sacked Temple of Elemental Evil may be regaining power. I am using a lot of classic modules in conjunction with a hexcrawl/sandbox.

I am not "tight" with magic items, and I am fairly generous with xp. I just want the game to be more character focused and less min/max oriented than some games I have played. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. A mic is required.

Remove ads