• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2nd printing of 3.5.

Ranger REG

Explorer
TalonComics said:

I honestly doubt we will see a 2nd printing of the revised PHB this year as the initial release of 3E was just insane in the amount of people who picked it up. 3.5, for all intents and purposes, is just a ramped up new printing as it is.
You may possibly be right. Perhaps it is because there are folks like me that are not as enthusiastic about 3.5e as we once were about 3e. After all, it is too early to print a revision, and more important it is just a revision of 3e. There simply not enough incentive nor sales pitch that would convince me to buy the new copy when it come out in July.

Heck, I didn't even pre-order from my FLGS as I did with 3e.

Btw, the 3E DMG and MM never got second printings as far as I know.
They should have use the 5:1 player/DM ratio when figuring out how many copies of the other two books should be printed out. I honestly think that the gaming group ratio have increased to 5 players to 1 GM.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
They should have use the 5:1 player/DM ratio when figuring out how many copies of the other two books should be printed out. I honestly think that the gaming group ratio have increased to 5 players to 1 GM.

Many groups have players who also DM at times, so there's probably a lower ratio than you think.

J

AdvntrGuy

First Post
Ratio

I don't know if a DM/Player ratio would work either. In our group everybody has all three books and they're being used through out the game. We could be an anomaly though.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Thanks for the input. Now that it's been mentioned I have never heard of a second printing DMG or MM.

Ranger REG said:

Many have the DMG for prestige classes and magic items. I have to agree about the MM though. There are a lot of other competeing monster books to attract the casual buyer and Savage Species is for players.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Re: Ratio

AdvntrGuy said:

I don't know if a DM/Player ratio would work either. In our group everybody has all three books and they're being used through out the game. We could be an anomaly though.
Not really. But in the majority of groups, players and a DM usually have their own copy of the PHB.

Moulin Rogue

First Post
The Star Wars RCR second printing only came out a couple months ago, didn't it? That would be a full year for that one.

Is there a second printing of d20 Modern yet?

Zarthon

Explorer
I'm planing on using my bonus at the end of the year for buying the 3.5 books, I am also hoping that the 2nd printing is out by then, but if it is not then I'll buy the books anyway :)

Ruland

First Post
Re: Re: 2nd printing of 3.5.

Ranger REG said:

Judging by the climate of gamers anticipating 3.5e on this board and on the Wizards' board, there are more gullibles willing to buy the First Printing on that July release date and at GenCon that will guarantee a Second Printing Player's Handbook will be out before the end of the year.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :p

I just hope the First Printing owners realize their dutiful obligation to examine the content of the rulebooks and report to Wizards of any errors and ambiguities, so they can do a properly corrected Second Printing for us patient buyers.

Replace "hope" with "pray."

Don't be so sure that second printings are per se superior, error-wise. The Star Wars RCRB's second printing, for example, simply und myteriously lost all starship weapon's ranges ...

BarkTree

First Post
Re: Re: Re: 2nd printing of 3.5.

The fact that WotC are releasing all three corebooks in the same month tells me they're printing less of each book compared to 3e. They don't have Werehouses of Holding and infinite printer time.

What I'm hoping is that the second printing (of at least the PH) will not only correct the typos/mistakes but also come stitched instead of glued, but I'm not too hopeful this will come about unfortunately.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads