• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2nd request

Nexusdragon

First Post
I honestly can't wait for us to get out of each other heads and get back to my references to self in the third person. Oh how I long once more to understand that man called Bajer I once knew so well. The mental image of Bajer waving a kerchief into the sunset blooms suddenly replaced by snide laughter.

Stormwind

First Post
You all hear Di's mental voice in your heads giggling,
Why worry about what you are thinking. This is fun. ... hmmm ... I wonder what I could get for Isobet ... a jewel that size ought to be quite valuable ... perhaps I could sell her several times

A friendly mental chuckle can be heard across the link,
Don't worry Isobet, I could always steal you back ... still it would be one way out of our financial difficulties wouldn't it, that is if this mission isn't sufficiently lucrative

Di's mental voice fades as once again she concentrates on finding Alistair.

[sblock=OOC]@C&T: If you need to make a gather info roll for Di to find Alistair, then she has a +7 to gather info, plus whatever circumstance bonus you wish to give for Isobet's mental discription.[/sblock]

munchlord

First Post
it's just that i'm.......well there's something wan't to keep to myslef and it's actually rather hard not to think about it

i think i know what it is

well you know i can't hide anything from you and neither can you from me, mental link or not, but i ask you not to tell the others

well then i won't

Stormwind

First Post
After a moment or two more, Di rejoins the others,
I can't seem to find him ... Isobet, perhaps you'll have more luck with your idea. ... meanwhile I think I'll see if I can find any evidence of the theft ... I'll be just a thought away ...

Faint laughter trickles through the mental link, then fades ...

Di proceeds to stealthily search every part of the temple that is accessible to her, inside and out, looking for evidence of a break-in, or evidence of the stolen object. As she does, faint thoughts filter through the mental link to the others
... if I was the thief how would I get in ... through a window, ... a door, ... what about a chimney ... and how would I get out ... ... ... where would the relic have been ... somewhere safe ... secure? ... hidden? ... perhaps some relic on display is missing from its case ...

[sblock=OOC]Di searches the temple as thoroughly as she can taking care to always move stealthily.
Search check (take 20)=33[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Once Bajer is outside the temple, Isobet ends her metamorphosis and retrieves her tiara. There you go my little friend. Enjoy your imbecility.

Afterwards, she waits a few minutes for the ceremony to end (informed by Di), activates her Skill Knowledge power, and disguises herself as a road weary paladin of Pelor (+20 total). She then re-enters the temple and approaches the nearest priest.

"Pardon me brother. Could you take me to Allister Brightstar? It is a matter of some urgency."

Nexusdragon

First Post
Bajer looks down at his dirty armor and clothing and smiles widely. "Bajer happy to be Bajer again! Bajer wait here while friends figure out what going on. Yell if you need angry halfling rage!" Bajer walks over to a corner of a building and sits down, running his finger through his mop of hair trying to find an early snack.

cog_and_taz

First Post
[SBLOCK=Di]How would she know if something is missing, has she been here before?[/SBLOCK]

The priest looks glad to see you, yet rather nervous. "But ofcourse! He is in the back... perhaps you could join him after his prayers? It will only take a minute...and I fear it is best not to disturb him today, we have had troubles of our own, and he is quite easily angered."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads