D&D 3E/3.5 3.0 / 3.5 combining the half celestial template w/ the Saint template

emanresu

First Post
Aasimer to HC is the base race
the DM did not approve of my +2 LA HC buy in as per the BoED
but and a big BUT at that, he did mention I will not be charged for HC or Saint. I asked "oh like a gestalt build" he said "yep"
He had just emailed me to clarify his "expectations" of the HC/saint and my role as party leader. Erik then gave me 2 free feats, leadership and powerful build. He furthered to say that Paladins are nerfed??? I guess he thinks Paly was a good choice? He cont to say that I am not gestalt that the HC and Saint is simply free to me but I will be charged the experience points of 2 levels higher, and I cannot pick any prestige classes. (eg no longer free??) I asked if that included the prestigious pal/bard & Ranger he said these were fine to select..he then said, and I quote "ewww prestigious Paladin, now that rings well with what I had envisioned, GOOD CALL"

I had emailed him my examples of sorcerer to prestigious Bard, Fav Soul to prestigious paladin or just straight Duskblade.

His response

"OK so yur a FS to Pal, dont worry about the turning, I like the idea so much I will bypass said prereq"

dont worry about the turning?

Ragmon

Explorer
I really don't wish to insult anyone with what I am about to say.

I'm out of this thread, I cannot follow your DMs logic at this point, hes placing fluff way ahead of crunch. Meaning that just about anything we say is null and void, since the DM is house ruling just about everything.

Good luck with with the game. :D

emanresu

First Post
I wasnt asking for permission or asking is this within rules....I just wanted to know if there were some feats out there that really helped/strengthed/aided half celestials?

Remove ads