3.0-3.5 Edition Adventure Modules

Whisper72

Explorer
If you look for: free adventure; dungeons dragons adventure etc.

and only accept pdf format hits through google, you should find tons of stuff.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Kyrail said:
The first one you mentioned, is it a sea-based module?

It is, yes. It deals with the horror of a ghost ship, and with mutiny and insanity on the high seas. I used it to start my still-going three-year-old Freeport campaign.

Three Days to Kill is also an Atlas/Penumbra adventure. IMO it's a good adventure, but not one that fits the feel of Forgotten Realms very well. It is effectively a "black ops" adventure, with the PCs hired to function as commandoes and assassins. It's much grittier than FR, or even than most folks' Greyhawk.

hong

WotC's bitch
Kyrail said:
Reading reviews on it describes it as "low fantasy" do you think it would fit in the forgotten realms well, or maybe more a greyhawk module?
When you're 1st level, every world is a low fantasy world.

Munin

First Post
You might also want to check out 'Mad God's Key' from the latest Dungeon. Monte Cook has posted a review of it somewhere around here....

Flynn

First Post
Try the WOTC website...

WOTC has published a wide number of adventures, vicious venues, and cliffhangers that are excellent adventures to use in your game, especially when you don't have all the time in the world that you had hoped for and need something quick.

Just a suggestion,
Flynn

Endur

First Post
I strongly recommend Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. It goes from level 4 to level 12+. There are a ton of on-line resources to support it on Monte Cook's bulletin boards (including 3.0 to 3.5 conversion stuff).

It was originally intended for Greyhawk, but can be ported to FR.

If you want pure FR 3.5 adventures, I recommend Dungeon as your best resource.

Treebore

First Post
I could recommend several 3.0 modules, but since they aren't by WOTC/Paizo they utilize a generic setting/open license gods for adventure back grounds. Also, it would probably prove difficult for you to get them, unless you buy pdf.

My favorite is Wizards Amulet/Crucible of Freya. I like it mostly because of the free downloads available at Necromancers website that gives a whole bunch of additional encounter/locations to the environs around which the Crucible of Freya is based (Fairhill).

Crucible itself is a fairly basic adventure, but solid with lots of potential to go in any direction a DM wants. Some will also cry about how deadly the module is, and they are right, but any DM who knows how to DM can easily modify the adventures to be less deadly.

I also like a number of other adventures by Kenzer Co., Penumbra, Goodman Games, Troll Lord Games, Fiery Dragon (NeMoren's Vault), and Ed Cha (he plugged himself earlier in this thread, BTW Ed, congrats on the ENNIE nomination). Dungeon is also worth checking out, especially since they often use Greyhawk/FR as module backgrounds.

Another excellent, but very expensive ($35 full retail) is Lost City of Barakus. It is a well fleshed out city (Endhome) and dungeon crawl (The Lost City of Barakus), that has a number of adventure outlines for a DM to flesh out. IT is meant for levels 1 to 5, but can easily go beyond that. In fact I didn't start using it until 5th level and have easily scaled the adventures to be appropriately challenging.

rjs

First Post
LCoB

And if you start with Lost City of Barakas, you can easily move into Trouble at Durbenford (also by Necromancer Games), which takes characters from 8th to 14th level. Between those two books, you've got a solid campaign.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Treebore said:
BTW Ed, congrats on the ENNIE nomination.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I look forward to the awards.

I was a little disappointed the art and cartography of "Village of Oester" were not recognized despite the outstanding work by the artists, I am happy to see the module itself getting a nod by the judges.

I hope this will be a good opportunity for people to pick up the adventure setting series and get to know the "World of Whitethorn"!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
RichGreen said:
I just started my 3.5 FR game off with Thirds of Purloined Vellum from Dungeon #88. It's 3.0, but no significant changes were needed. Dungeon is the best source of adventures these days -- even more so now they are publishing one low, one medum and one high adventure in each issue.

I just started a Skullport-based campaign using that same module. Of course the locales were somewhat different, and instead of vanilla beans, it was a narcotic they were trading...

But otherwise the same module.

A very good one at that.

Remove ads