• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.0 Cleric

Dubya

Explorer
Hello,

I am going to be playing in a 3.0 game and I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on how to build a good cleric. I don't have access to search so looking through the boards is hard.

I am most likely going to be a human cleric using the PHB gods. The only class book I have currently is defenders of the faith, but I might get Quint Cleric if it is any good.

Any ideas on building and playing a good cleric would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dubya

Imperialus

Explorer
that depends a great deal on what exactly you want your cleric to accomplish. Does the party need someone to provide a bit more muscle in combat or would you be an exclusive healer? Do you fight lots of undead? Are you fighting lots of evil clerics/priests? Dungon hacking or more political?

Clerics are a very versitial class, they are entiarly capable of buffing themselves up to the point where they can comferterably take on an eqivilant level fighter. They can also be played as a much more physically weak character who mostly serves as a Cure X wounds dispencer.

The PrC's in DoF seem to be better geared towards paladins than clerics though the two classes are simmilar enough that it isn't really a streach to mold your CG cleric into say a Holy Liberator or any of the other PrC's in the book.

Dubya

Explorer
The party will be made up of a barbarian, sorcerer, and another as yet undecided class. I will most likely be the only class with healing. We will most likely be doing more dungeon delving than political. I guess I will just focus on healing and back up fighter/crossbowman.

Dubya

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads