• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.0 Master of Chains, modernized/rewritten to 3.5

Icyshadowlord

First Post
I wonder who's bright idea was it to automatically associate chains with evil. Next thing you know they say min-maxers are evil because they took the Spiked Chain for many builds, or that anyone who is into some chain fetishes is also automatically evil. (Of course, this post is a joking one. I like this version of the class, it seems nicely balanced and such.)

Rann

First Post
[MENTION=6669617]Icyshadowlord[/MENTION],

Imagine this : A archangel wielding a spiked chain, wearing a chain armor.. Would you trust him?

A demon wielding a spiked chain, wearing a chain armor... We all know you would run.. ;)

[MENTION=6671368]Pergentile[/MENTION]/Dandu

Excellent Idea! Light Fortification might seem to do the thing. If you go the '20% miss chance on arrows' feels a bit... over the top.
As normally a hit is a hit, but I can imagine that due to the 'light fortification' effect, the arrow couldn't pierce your flesh deeper (a critical hit) due to the chains pulling out/destroying the arrow... Sweet!

Dandu

First Post
@Icyshadowlord ,

Imagine this : A archangel wielding a spiked chain, wearing a chain armor.. Would you trust him?
Actually, the descriptions of angels in the Bible tended to be quite terrifying, so I'm not seeing an inherent problem here.

A demon wielding a spiked chain, wearing a chain armor... We all know you would run.. ;)
Might ask for her phone number, to be honest.

Rann

First Post
Actually, the descriptions of angels in the Bible tended to be quite terrifying, so I'm not seeing an inherent problem here.

Might ask for her phone number, to be honest.

I'm talking about the DnD angels ofcourse ;)

Phone number is a excellent idea...from a distance perhaps... a long distance.. ;)

Rann

First Post
still need to think something for high level ability's...Maybe some whirlwind attack style ish, i can imagine you can hit multiple enemies with such a chain...

Dandu

First Post
Have you looked at the Crusader's ability to make people in his threatened squares move as if they are in difficult terrain, or the Crusader's Thicket of Blades, which prohibits all movement in the threatened area?

Rann

First Post
Not yet, will look into it, but I don't want to make him overpowered though... And I get the feeling that when I add such abilities it might become overpowered :(

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads