• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.0rd Edition Power Game

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Oldum cocks his head slightly as he ponders Aramils answer. Appearing deep in thought he reaches out to Kaliska to allow the wolf to sniff his hand. If the wolf responds favorably, Oldum comes closer and stokes the animal. Otherwise he shrugs and continues with his tools. After a long pause, he looks up at the human, sneers, and then back to Aramil. “I have been getting these strange dreams lately. I see this tower in them. Do you have dreams Aramil….didn’t you just say something about seeing this tower too? Yes…I believe you did. How strange.”

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
When the door opens, Oldum quickly turns to face it and almost falls backwards as he looks to the top of the door. "Wow!!!" Is the only word that escapes from his usually busy lips

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Aramil looks frightened at the strange creature answering the door, and his hand instantly strays to the hilt of his sword. As the rest of the travelers head inside, he stays behind, looking around nervously. Kaliska sniffs the ground and trots through the door without a care in the world, and after a moment Aramil reluctantly follows her.

Mithreander

Explorer
The creature leads the group to the marble stair case up to the first level of the tower. He then opens the first door to the right of the stairs and motions that the group should take a seat. Inside is a small room with just enough room for a table and 5 chairs: one at the head of the table near the door, and two more chairs on either side of the room. There is a pouch in front of each of the side chairs, as well as a silver goblet. In the center of the table there is a pitcher of liquid, water droplets on the pitch from the odviously cold liquid, and a platter of meats, cheeses, and bread.

"The master will be with you shortly." the man/thing says. It then closes the door behind the last of you. The wolf has plentyo f room under the table, but it looks like no food was provided for the k9 companion.

Now, given a chance to look over hte room, each of you notice that the walls are made of the same material as the outside, as is the ceiling. The floor is covered with an expensive looking rug, but you all assume that the floor is also the same material. The walls are covered with asorted pictures of glades, forests and mountain peaks... all but one. One has a female elf's portrate in it. She seems to be very beuatiful with blonde/silver tresses that sparkle as the picture moves (it moves!), and purple eyes with gold flecks. She seems to be watching the group as it contimplates the room.

Velmont

First Post
OCC: I roll a 8 on the dice, make 16 on the roll. :( I would have liked to have a 28 on that one, just to impress the three other. :)

Amaril

"But I have been invited. Every night, as the moon hangs high in the sky and I let the trance take over me, I see this very same structure. Rising high into the air, the sun glistening just as it is now.

"Well, Amaril, even invited, you should stay polite and not enter without notice. And for being polite, my name is Allan Forest."

Amaril
Tell me, human...what manner of place is this? Be it the home of some demon?"

"I would tell it is a house for some mage. If it would be the house of a demon, no villager would dare to live near."

When the reverberations of the gong sound fades, and nothing happens, the people seem perplexed and bring their gaze to those in front of the tower. They trully look perplexed. and then their looks turn to looks of shock as the huge 10' wide, 15' tall door opens. Behind the door is a silver man... almost liquid looking figure.

It seemed to be abourt 7' tall, and skinny for it's size. It's clothing seemed to be made out of the same material as it's skin, and it's eyes glow a hellish red. The man/statue/thing seems to speak from a great distance away, it's speach quick and impatient as it looks to each of you. "Excellent! The master will be pleased that all of you could make it. Please come in away from prying eyes."

"You see, both what I said seem to be true. Just knocking and they come to get us.

And as I see, that creature is a construct, or if you prefer, a statue animated by magic, so there is great chance they are powerfull wizards."

Allan enters the tower and start to look at his structure as he follow the magic servant.

Last edited:

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Once the group reaches the meeting hall, Oldum walks around and inspects everything in the room starting with the food on the table. After grabbing a handful of meat and bread, he continues until he sees the moving picture on the wall. Jumping back and forth he sees if the picture is in fact following him or not. After a short time he smile and moves on. Hopping up into one of the chars he grabs the pitcher and pours the liquid into the goblet in front of him. Once full he looks around to everyone else. “Sure is nice of them, hmmm…I wonder who THEM is. Anyway it sure is nice of them to have food out for us. “ With that he grabs the pouch in front of him and inspects its contents.

Mithreander

Explorer
Inside the pouch the halfling finds waht all the others would find in their pouches: 5 small emerald, each cut precisely. They are about the size of the large humans thumb nail.

The halfling thinks that each stone is worth about 100 gp each.

Last edited:

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Oldum's eyes brighten up as he inspects each of the stones. Holding each one of them up to the lighting in the room, he hollers out "I always loved the way light sparkles off of a fine cut gem" As his words loudly reverberate off of the walls, he sinks back into his chair and throws a hunk of meat to the wolf.

OOC: Will attempt to appraise the gems

Last edited:

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Amaril nervously sits on one of the chairs and glances around the room, inspecting the paintings. Why anyone would want to paint a forest rather than live in one is a mystery, but the elf appears impressed by the attention to detail. He notices the others siding the pouches into their pockets, and he does the same. Just then, he notices the moving figure in the painting. His fingers grip the hilt of his sword as he whispers in Elven, "there is a foul air about this place..."

Velmont

First Post
"It's good to eat fresh and hot food, it was some times I was living on my rations and some games I was able to catch, but even then, the meat was always a bit too roasted. That's the disadvantage of hunting with fire."

Looking at the gems.

"And what a nice gift. The way of living would have been the guest to give a gift to the host, but I don't think I have anything interesting to give to such host."

Remove ads