• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] A Blind Evil Cleric?

Kowalsky

First Post
Greetings My Friends!

I'm here to ask a few questions about Flaws and other stuff.
I'm starting a new campaign with my friends, and i'm trying to create a Cleric, that was blinded by evil cultists in a ritual. That's the reason why he is Chaotic Evil, and want so bad his revenge. In order to avoid most of the blindness problems, i've researched a lot, and figured out a way to minimize the "damage" made by this weakness: Blindfold of True Darkness (Arms and Equipments Guide) or Cerebral Hood (Symbyont from Fiend Folio), both grants 60ft. Blindsight. That's good, but the price is high.

So far, no huge problems about the background and all the blind problem.

My problem is: The Dungeon Master don't want to allow the flaw "Blind". He says that ALL the Flaws only allow one feat, and not two, and also, this feature isn't anywhere but the internet.

Where can i find this Flaw in a Book? How can i convince my DM to use this flaw as it says? Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your patience.

PS: We use only 3.5 Wizard's Official Material.

shadyizok

Explorer
Unearthed arcana is the only 3.5 book that has printed character flaws. Blind is not presented as one. It does mention creating your own flaws and some guidelines for that and I believe that blindness constitutes as enough of a numerical drawback to be considered a flaw, however creating your own flaw always depends on your DM's ruling. If he doesn't want to go for it, that's tough luck.

Blind is mentioned in the homebrew section of the SRD, and the person there has decided that it's numerical drawbacks are enough to let it constitute as two flaws and give you the benefit of two bonus feats. This is their oppinion and your DM is completly in his right to ignore this persons oppinion (technically he is always in his right to do this even if it is official WotC material but now especially since it is homebrewn material).

I would ask your DM to allow the flaw as a regular flaw (giving one bonus feat) and if he says no to that aswell it is up to you to decide if you want to ask him if you can be blind anyway, just for background purposes, with no additional benefits gained from that.

Ow and on a sidenote: the Blindfold of True Darkness has been reprinted in the MiC which is a 3.5 book, which should take precedent over the arms and equipment guide which is 3.0.

Blindness
You are completely blind, and fail all rolls that involve vision. You also suffer the normal gaming penalties for blindness. You were born without the capacity to see (whether or not you actually have eyes is up to you), and therefore can never be healed. With the DM's approval, a Wish or Miracle may correct this flaw.

Flaws: A to I

This is a good list to use

The Red King

First Post
Just be careful. If you take blindness... permanent blindness without something to make that easier, it is a heck of a handicap. especially when you are the target of multiple attackers with arrows!

Remove ads