• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Adamantine Breastplate? DR stacking?

Super_Nerd

First Post
My Friend the 12th lvl Barb want to buy the Adamantine Breastplate found of on pg. 219 in the DMG. Will the barbs damage reduction and the damage reduction of the armor if not can you please provide a page and book where I can find the rule and if it does stack then please do the same.

Thanks

Super_Nerd

Sejs

First Post
If I recall right, this sits right smack in the middle of one of those grey areas.

Personally, in my games, I let 'em stack because they come from two seperate sources... one barbarian dr, the other adamantine dr. But if someone wanted to try and sneak in stacking an Adamantine Chain Shirt (DR 1/-), and stack 'em with Adamantine Dastana or the like, I'd say no sir.

Super_Nerd

First Post
I feel the same way but one of my players said they don't stack so I just wanted to give them some proof for one side or the other.

Brekki

First Post
If a creature has damage reduction from more than one source, the two forms of damage reduction do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefit of the best damage reduction in a given situation.

Thats from the 3.5 SRD "Special abilities & conditions" section ... sorry.

MeanGenes

First Post
But what about a different class?

I have a different question about DR. Suppose I have a character 10/10 barbarian/templar. Does DR that comes from class abilities stack like other abilities (such as Uncanny Dodge). So would my Barbarian/Templar have a DR of 5/- (2/- from barbarian plus 3/- from Templar) or 3/- (from Templar)?

Darklone

Why not taking a dwarven defender with Adamantium Full plate and barbarian levels and templar levels and DR 666/-??

Prolly that's the reason why they say nothing stacks anymore in 3.5... (Imp crit and Keen anyone?)

CrimsonTemplar

First Post
Re: But what about a different class?

MeanGenes said:
I have a different question about DR. Suppose I have a character 10/10 barbarian/templar. Does DR that comes from class abilities stack like other abilities (such as Uncanny Dodge). So would my Barbarian/Templar have a DR of 5/- (2/- from barbarian plus 3/- from Templar) or 3/- (from Templar)?

I'd say that in light of Brekki's post the Templar's DR of 3/- would be it.

In light of this I'll forget about buying my Dwarf Barb an Admantine Breastplate. Prolly see about getting Admantine Chainmail for my Cleric of Tritherron tho :D (as he's going Holy Liberator instead of Templar).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads