• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Adventures with Trolls in?

Psion

Adventurer
Well, I guess Queen of Lies is sort of like a troll. She needles the surface folk in order to draw attacks...

Oh, you mean with those big green rubbery things...

CombatWombat51

First Post
I wrote a layout for an adventure that featured trolls when 3E came out. I submitted it to Dungeon Adventures, but it didn't get accepted. Well, it did, by Chris Perkins, but then the other editor, Chris Something, saw it and didn't like it :(

Attachments

• Proposal II.doc
    11 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
CombatWombat51 said:
I wrote a layout for an adventure that featured trolls when 3E came out. I submitted it to Dungeon Adventures, but it didn't get accepted. Well, it did, by Chris Perkins, but then the other editor, Chris Something, saw it and didn't like it :(

Necro has a module in the works that features a lot of Trolls. Obviously it does you no good right now, but if you like Trolls and would like an adventure that features a lot of them, keep an eye out for it. I think it is Trouble at Durbenford, but I may be confusing it with another upcoming Necro release.

If you are really interested just go to their message boards and read through their "upcoming" module threads. These threads are mixed in with the threads for modules/products they have already published.

Mystery Man

First Post
diaglo said:
i don't think it is 3.11ed for Workgroups...but try this one:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030328c

it is the web enhancement for the Races of Faerun.

you can read about it in the Story Hour in my sig...on about page 14 or so.
I don't know of this 3.11ed for Workgroups is of which you speak, but thanks for the link (and reminder). I was looking for something similar with orcs and forgot all about this one! :)

Richards

Legend
Mongoose's Slayer's Guide to Trolls has a lair example at the end that would make a decent mini-encounter or Side Trek. It's called "Azkhak's Lair," and deals with a small clan of 10 trolls. Of course, it came out under the 3.0 rules, but I don't imagine there'd be much in the way of changes to 3.5.

Johnathan

jester47

First Post
I am looking for somthing that will help in testing a house rule (read: rewrite) version of the VP/WP regen rules. However, in the rules forum, I was informed that tendrilicos regenerate. I think that is in one of the adventures that I have slated for testing my new rule set (more than just the regen rules I wrote). I may just use some of the necro stuff I got. However a lot of my adventuers are tied up in being locations in FR. But keep the suggestions coming.

All in all it seems trolls are getting underreped right now...

Aaron.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads