• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Char Sheets

HonJull

First Post
rpgHQ said:
what app are you using to upload them to your filespace and are you using binary or ascii mode? I got all workbooks now ok and they open ok but the font file is damaged/corrupt and I think some of the text issues I am having is due to not having that font.

barb.jpg

Yeah, that is probably why. I've just been using the default ascii mode, never knew what the difference was. I tried uploading the font file in binary mode, so see if you can get the font now. I also zipped up the font file and uploaded it, so you can try getting it at http://www.honjull.com/Sheets/Chillern.zip

Thanks for all the help =)

rpgHQ

First Post
HonJull said:
Yeah, that is probably why. I've just been using the default ascii mode, never knew what the difference was. I tried uploading the font file in binary mode, so see if you can get the font now. I also zipped up the font file and uploaded it, so you can try getting it at http://www.honjull.com/Sheets/Chillern.zip

Thanks for all the help =)

the link to the ttf file itself downloaded fine now, and installed ok.

normally ascii is for text files, txt, doc, html, php and so forth, binary is for image files and most everything else. I dont know which should be used for excel files. Anyhow everything downloaded fine now and I'll give it all a looksie :)

rpgHQ

First Post
Layout is groovey and all for an excel char sheet but that font you use for the numbers in the boxes is hard to read on the white background at 12pts. You might want to think of going to 14pt on that font for all the numbers in the big boxes. The fade out effect is still there but not so harsh as at 12pt.

Dont think 14pt will fit in your load/lift boxes though. You might want to use a standard font for the numbers in those sections, doing the color thing on the font should make the numbers standout just as good. Speaking of which why is the lift over head weight green and all the other weights in blue? Myself, I would probably keep them all the same color or maybe the heavyload and push/drag weights be in red to emphasize the max weights the char can manipulate.

Also I assume its a two sheeter(dont say that 5 times fast hehe) so you can have print out back and front single sheet of paper?

Since your doing it in excel and all you might want to think of maybe a 3rd and fouth sheet for notes(a full page for notes is always good, since its part of their char sheet their less likely to loose it and that info they wrote down about some NPC and conversation or tip/lead/clue) and what I call level tracking. So you know what skills and feats and all they take at each level for those times theres negative level drain or similiar effect. Green Ronin's Character Folio has a advancement tracker box that takes up half a page, and thats what I mean. Doesnt mean you have to script it to track, just a page for manual fill-in. Makes the printout a 2 pages printed front and back but would save some headache down the road.

Anyhow before I ramble further, just my thoughts so far looking over the sheets, just the font point size on the numbers in the chillern font is the biggest issue I really see. And that might just be me and my eyes :p :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads