• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 DM Screen?

Bloodsparrow

First Post
So [url = https://secure.paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/detail?pid=68]Paizo[/url] is selling the screen that they bundled with Dragon 310 now for $6...

Now I've seen the screen that went with 310, and that was fine for something that came with a magazine... But it does seem rather flimsy...

Is this new, seperatly sold screen made from thicker card stock? Am I being stingy? $6 plus $2 s&h seems like a bit much for the screen that went with the magazine.

Are there any other DM screens for 3.5?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
WotC are releasing their Deluxe screens (both D&D and d20 Modern bundled together) in January 2004.

Cheers!

JoeGKushner

First Post
The Kingdoms of Kalamar 3.5 Screen in Feb. is the one to get. Wizards of the Coast is making them hold it back until their own screen it out, but based on the two previous screens of theirs I owned, Forgotten Realms and D&D, the Kalamar one is truly the one above all for it alone has a friggin XP table!

Davelozzi

Explorer
Slightly OT, but I noticed on the product section of Wizard's website that the Star Wars GM screen is listed as an April 2004 product. The picture shows what appears to be the same screen that's been out for a while, but I'm guessing that it just hasn't been updated and that if they have it listed in the release schedule it will be designed for the revised rules.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Bloodsparrow said:
So [url = https://secure.paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/detail?pid=68]Paizo[/url] is selling the screen that they bundled with Dragon 310 now for $6...

Now I've seen the screen that went with 310, and that was fine for something that came with a magazine... But it does seem rather flimsy...

Is this new, seperatly sold screen made from thicker card stock? Am I being stingy? $6 plus $2 s&h seems like a bit much for the screen that went with the magazine.

Are there any other DM screens for 3.5?
It's the same as packaged with the mag. Probably leftovers.

Ranger REG

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
The Kingdoms of Kalamar 3.5 Screen in Feb. is the one to get. Wizards of the Coast is making them hold it back until their own screen it out, but based on the two previous screens of theirs I owned, Forgotten Realms and D&D, the Kalamar one is truly the one above all for it alone has a friggin XP table!
I don't know. I don't like any kind of XP table on my screen. It's only good as a Quick-Reference sheet.

I prefer information that I need on-the-fly: attack modifiers, defense modifiers, cover, concealment, skill use, opposed checks, etc.

Cbas10

First Post
Ranger REG said:
I don't know. I don't like any kind of XP table on my screen. It's only good as a Quick-Reference sheet.

I prefer information that I need on-the-fly: attack modifiers, defense modifiers, cover, concealment, skill use, opposed checks, etc.

I agree; all of my XP computations are done after the game or sometime when I don't need a screen at all. Screens, in my opinion, should be full of information that a DM would need on the fly and is not going to memorize. The majority of the skills' tables should be on the screen, for one thing; Survival/Tracking, Concentration, and complications to the normally easy to handle skills are all necessities; otherwise the screen is worthless to me.

I really hope the WotC screen is REALLY good. I'll never play d20 Modern, so I hope the price is not jacked too high. Kenzer's 3.0 screen was not all that bad, but for all of the panels and information that is not exactly "quick-reference" in the first place, I found that the screen had TOO much and got in my way during games.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I find the Dragon 3.5E screen suits most of my needs. I don't really use a screen much in 3E except to hide my notes.

As opposed to 1E, where a screen was essential.

Cheers!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
*Sigh* My players are slowly convincing me that the main purpose of a DM screen is to hide my rolls from the players so that their characters don't all die horrible deaths... The last three combats I have rolled multiple criticals- right in front of their horrified eyes.

The Auld Grump, it's easier to lie and say 'he missed' if they don't see the 20....

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads