• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Halfling with Reach, you like it?

Cybern

First Post
My group just can't imagine a small character with a reach weapon. The small longspear, IMO, sounds odd.

Small PCs just barely get 5' reach (logicaly), so how long is a small longspear? It needs to be longer than 5', or else a medium 2-handed sword should get reach.

And as far as I know, you don't hold a spear from the far end (or else the lever principle can't work.)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
Cybern said:
Oh, I see, and Halfling monks got some slinkies for legs ? LOL

Laugh while you can, it'll be erratta'd. That and the bit about dwarves duct-taping bouncy balls on their feet so they can tumble in heavy armor.

Cybern

First Post
BG: I'm at work too, and I do javascript, so here's your help :

function autoTab(champSuivant)
{
if (event.rc && AFMergeChange(event).length ==
event.target.charLimit)
this.getField(champSuivant).setFocus();
}

BiggusGeekus@Work said:

Laugh while you can, it'll be erratta'd. That and the bit about dwarves duct-taping bouncy balls on their feet so they can tumble in heavy armor.

Ok for the small long reach, but dwarves tumbling in heavy armor? At ½ move dwarves won't get far anyway... is it really a problem? I got the book the day they were out, but I haven't played 3.5 yet! :D

Last edited:

Rashak Mani

First Post
I would think the "small" version of weapons is availabe more to calculate damage of weapons and people that were reduced or shrunk somehow... so I dont think a small halfling with a small longspear would have reach.

Cybern

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
I would think the "small" version of weapons is availabe more to calculate damage of weapons and people that were reduced or shrunk somehow... so I dont think a small halfling with a small longspear would have reach.

I don't either! I just want to read it in my PHB : Small versions of reach weapons don't grant an additional 5' reach, unless wielded by Tiny creatures. I know maybe in an errata...

For Tiny creatures to have reach (5' instead of 2½') is ok IMO, but for a 3' tall gnome to hit a creature about 10' away is just dumb. And remember (if I may somewhat quote myself), reach weapons are not wielded from one end (as are swords), but from a more center / last quarter of the weapon. How long is a small longspear in 3.5?

:confused:

edit: simplified

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads