• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 HR – Codex Gigas

nonsi256

Explorer
3.5 HR – Codex Gigas

[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No presumption behind the name “Codex Gigas”, it’s just that my house rules codex is by far the most comprehensive and detailed that I know of.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Well, it took an eternity and a half to neatly tie the edges, but I feel I finally nailed all the issues I wanted to put in there.

These HR were originally created on the WotC (Wizards of the Coast) forums, but since they more or less trashed them, I had no choice but to figure out on my own how to manually edit my saved HR page if I was to complete this project. In the end it all went for the better, since I was no longer under the characters-per-entry limit, so I was able to get rid of all the shorthand acrobatics I made to cram things into confined spaces.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]The result is presented in the attached file.

There are 2 main reasons for this thread:[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]1. Sharing. Others might find my ideas useful.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]2. Constructive feedbacks and insights on... whatever.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]So... have fun and share your thoughts/insightes if you got any.

[EDIT]
Made some minor changes:
- Some issues required clrifications.
- Found some typos.
- Replaced a feature of one of the base classes.
- I really don't find it more convenient for anything, but since the request came up more than once, I added a Word doc with all the spoierblocks spread out.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/EDIT]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• My House-Rules Codex - DONE.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • My House-Rules Codex – DONE.zip
    434.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Sylrae

First Post
Hmmm.. Worked great for me, but I haven't had a chance to look through it all.

My one complaint:

The design you used (a single forum Thread) makes it unusually difficult to find things.

The set of rules needs to be organized better, like, in an ebook or something. preferably with a ToC.

I also am receiving the same error message that Hrothgar is getting.

I figured out what the problem was, for me. Maybe the solution that I came up with will help you, Dante & Vergil.

When I try to save the file, the default file name is

My House-Rules Codex [] DONE.zip

There's something about the [] that I thought was odd. It really looks like a small square, but the forum won't let me post it. So, I removed the small square from the file name. Then I was able to save and unzip the file with no problem. Sorry that it took me so long to figure it out.

To the Original Poster:
At first, after finally figuring out how to get my computer to open the file, I thought the file was broken :(, because I only saw the headers of one of the WOTC web pages, and nothing else. Then, I finally realized that I needed to scroll down. :blush::eek::blush:

B-) I started looking through the file, but ran across a link to thealexandrian.net and got lost in reading on that site. There's an excellent essay, there, that was one of the inspirations for Ryan Stoughton's E6: The Game Inside the World's Most Popular Role-Playing Game :D. So, when I saw the link, I had to look around to see what's new. :p:lol::p:lol::p

I'll look at the houserules some more, this weekend. Thanks for sharing them. :D

Dante & Vergil

Explorer
Is there any way that your houserules could be put into a word file, because what it's linking me to will not work. I'm looking at this at my libraries computer so that might also be a problem.
Also, thanks Hrothgar! :D

nonsi256

Explorer
Is there any way that your houserules could be put into a word file, because what it's linking me to will not work. I'm looking at this at my libraries computer so that might also be a problem.
Also, thanks Hrothgar! :D

Ok, just download and remove the '.txt' extension.
You won't have the WotC images in the web page, but I'm sure you can manage without them.

Attachments

• My House-Rules Codex – DONE.htm.txt
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 439

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads