• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Planescape Solo Campaign- "Pawns, Puppets, and Wolves"

The Planewalker

First Post
I think character and plot development would be really easy and really deep in a solo adventure, and of course, you'll have a good share of hack-and-slash as well.

This campaign takes place mostly in Sigil, Baator, the Abyss, Gehenna, the Gray Waste ... as you may have guessed, the theme is centered on the Blood War. The PC can go through the campaign via sheer power (hack-and slash/Magical ability), stealth, Political influence/manipulation, or some yummy combination of the three.

So if you are interested, here's the deal -

Any race, class (including prestige), and alignment. I'm not too familiar with psionics, but if you'd really like to play one, then I shouldn't have trouble teaching myself. ECL 7, roll 4d6 for 4 base stats, drop lowest roll for each one. 5d6 for one base stat, and drop 2 lowest, and finally, roll 3d6 for the last base stat.

Some other tidbits - No items, no history (we'll take care of that as the game progresses). You're going to start an amnesiac, and "discover" any abilities (fighting, magical or otherwise) through the early course of the game. Just let me know if you're interested. I post frequently (at LEASt once a day, and usually twice or more.

Knowledge of the Planescape campaign setting is required (no Clueless sods).

Finally, NPC cohorts/allies/party members will be sprinkled throughout the game. Since the focus of the campaign is character development, I'll try to make the NPCs very, very interesting.

-The Planewalker

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'm definitelly interested. I've never played a Solo game before, but then again I'm already in a Planescape game here playing the type of characer I'd want to play in a solo game (Beguiler)... So maybe I should let other people have this. :\

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Massively interested.

I've had a concept I've been nursing for a long time now about an amnesic shapeshifter...originally it was made for a super-style game, but it might work even better in Planescape...

I'd probably want either a Changeling (from eberron) or Doppelganger for the shape changing properties. From there I'd go warlock, perhaps...or sorceror...lots of self discovery potential there.

The Planewalker

First Post
As expected, more than one person is interested, so for fairness's sake, after 48 hours (on Tuesday), I'll roll die to determine who gets to play.
So, for example, if the decision was to be made right now, I'd roll 1d2, and:

Dire Lemming = 1
Shayuri = 2

Dire Lemming, can you please post the info/link for a Beguiler - is it a race or a class?

Shayuri, call it coincidence, but I am already in a Planescape PBP game with a Doppleganger. That's why I made the ECL 7 (Dopplegangers, to the best of my knowledge, have a +8 Level adjustment). For the sake of my sanity, I'd prefer you not play a Doppleganger (or a changeling, for that matter - I'm not familiar with ebberon, but I'm assuming from the name that a changeling has similar characteristics). At the same time, I don't want to be inflexible, and am willing to come to some kind of compromise if you do end up playing. So if you REALLY want to, and if you end up playing, we'll talk about it.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Shayuri said:
And you're already in TWO. :)

No I'm not! Look at my sig. The striked out ones are dead games. The DM for the other Planescape game on the list vanished without a trace after saying he'd need to slow down posting for a while and hasn't been seen since. That was over a year ago. :\

Beguiler is a new basic class from Player's Handbook 2 that concentrates on manipulation and trickery even more than the bard. You can find the crunch for practically everything at http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/. Look at page 148 of the Basic Classes PDF .

Shayuri

First Post
I was just throwing out ideas.

A changeling is not too much like a doppelganger...their ability to change form is appearances only. It works just like Disguise Self (not Alter Self), except that it's physical change, not an illusion. They can imitate humanoids, but don't take on any stat changes, abilities, armor, or any of that. Nor do they get any mind reading abilities beyond a bonus to Sense Motive that results from "keen intuition" about what people are thinking. :)

But yeah, it doesn't have to be that. I have plenty of ideas...especially for warlocks, who seem to inspire my creative side. I also find them great for solos, because they can do so much, so often, and have plenty of defensive and offensive options.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Beguilers have a good amount of diversity as well thanks to their non combat skills, their mixture of the best parts of a Cleric's and Bard's spellcasting styles, and their arsenal of non-lethal damaging spells. Solving problems without killing leaves allot more options, since it's usualy much easier to kill someone than it is to unkill them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads