• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Question: How can I make this even?

DJ_draken07

First Post
I have 2 players that wants to be LV Adjustment +1 Characters and another one who wants to do LV Adjustment +3

How can I make this even For all players?

Lets say I wanna do a LV 11 Campaign. How can i do it?

Quartz

Hero
The players with LA +1 characters get to play characters at 10th level, not 11th; the player with a LA +3 character gets to play a character at 8th level (8+3=11).

Halford

First Post
I imagine you will be fine with the standard level adjustment rules, which are basically expressed above by Quartz. Generally level adjustments make for more fragile characters until they get a few hit dice behind them, you should be fine at 11th. I would ask what level adjustments they are going for as that has more potential to be imbalancing - if they are going for mineral warrior, feral, or a small number of other things commonly regarded as poorly balanced.

You might consider employing level adjustment buy off as expressed in Unearthed Arcana - it might be available in the SRD - although I'm not fond of it myself.

Remove ads