• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Rouge Grendiner?

TanisFrey

First Post
In a player came up with a concept for a rouge, who to throw alchemist fire and other grenade-like items. Would you allow them to get their sneak attack damage on hit against the primary target, who is being denied their Dex, with the Acid Flask, Alchemist Fire or other grenade-like weapon?

-Thanks

Tanisfrey

Seppuku

First Post
I have seen uber builds of character maximization based on exactly this concept. Do not be surprised if your player found this on the internet and decided to test your game with it.

TanisFrey

First Post
It's rogue by the way, not rouge.
I am a dyslexic. I tend to accidentally swap the letters or number positions without knowing.

Seppuku, I am the player condescending this type of build. The party include a Dread Necromancer, a Fighter, and a Cleric of Heironeous. I am not looking up some uber build but just thinking of replacing my rogue2/monk7 and getting killed by the DC of traps and lock in Return to Temple of Elemental Evil.

Empirate

First Post
Note that it can be quite good, circumstantially, if you make sure to keep the right alchemical substance handy.

A Rogue in the group I DM for used to have a bunch of Alchemist's Fire around "just in case I need to burn something". When the group fought a White Dragon waaay above their level, which even the dedicated frontliners had trouble hitting, that Alchemist's Fire came in real handy for sneak attacks. Did a ton of damage, as a touch attack.

However, it is pricey to go this route. Consider getting some other way to deal SA damage as a touch attack, like dipping Dread Necromancer, the Wand Strike feat, spells, etc.

Remove ads