• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] SRD Spell & Monster Data in MySQL and pseudo-XML format

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Hi all,

I've recently imported the 3.5 SRD spell and monster lists into MySQL and pseudo-XML format.

I need some help.

I would like the data in the lists verified by other sets of eyes, to ensure that they are correct. They were generated by automated tools, but they do need to be manually verified.

The lists are at the link in my sig. You will also find a well-formed XML spell list (converted from my data by Martin Burke).

I propose to keep this thread open to report any errors.

Any help will definitely be appreciated!

Andargor

Last edited:

Gilwen

Explorer
I'll help and take a look at what you have first thing Monday when I get to my computer that has MySQL installed.
When you say lists is it the entire stat blocks for the monsters and spells?

Bryan

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Gilwen said:
I'll help and take a look at what you have first thing Monday when I get to my computer that has MySQL installed.

When you say lists is it the entire stat blocks for the monsters and spells?

Bryan

Thanks for the help. Yes, it's the stat block and the full text for both spells and monsters.

I've spotted some glaring errors, and re-upped a new version.

If someone could code up a CSS, reviewing could be done more easily via a browser.

Andargor

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Cool. Thanks.

Peter Burtt has crafted a great XSLT for displaying the spell data in a very readable format.

I've upped it to my site.

Andargor

Cyberknight

First Post
andargor said:
So there are absolutely no errors in my data?

Coolage! My Parse Fu is strong! :D

Andargor

I found a couple errors with the data not necessarily the parsing.

I found an error with the Xorn, Wyvern Zombie, and Gray Render Zombie entries. The base attack and grapple entries are missing for the xorns and the Space/Reach entries are missing for the 2 zombies. But this is not your fault o' parser extraordinaire, the lines are completely missing from the SRD.

The Stirge entry is missing the grapple entry. Here is the line from the SRD.
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/–11 (+1 when attached)
the text after the -11 causes the problem

Vermin are missing alignment.
Most vermin are missing treasure.
There is some text at the beginning of vermin stating that they are all neutral and usually don't have treasure. So they don't include them in the stat block.

All in all I would say awesome job. I got all the data imported into an Access db (since that's the db I know how to use extensively) and I am now ready to do some fun stuff with the data.
Thanks again.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Cyberknight said:
I found a couple errors with the data not necessarily the parsing.

Thanks for the feedback. These would be the changes:

Minor Xorn: base attack +4
Average Xorn: base attack +7
Elder Xorn: base attack +14

Wyvern Zombie: Space 10ft, Reach 5ft
Gray Render Zombie: Space 10ft, Reach 10ft

Stirge: Appears fine in the XML and MySQL. Perhaps the Access conversion screws it up?

Vermin: if no alignment, then put in Always Neutral. If no treasure, then None.

That's about it?

EDIT: Minor/Average/Elder Xorn Grapple bonus: +2/+10/+25

Andargor

Last edited:

Cyberknight

First Post
andargor said:

Stirge: Appears fine in the XML and MySQL. Perhaps the Access conversion screws it up?

Andargor

I just double checked and yes the stirge is correct in the sql file. I could have sworn I checked it but it was late and I guess my eyes were not up to snuff.
So that means 0% parsing errors and a few SRD errors. For me one Access error (tried inserting a text field into an integer field).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads