• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 - Weapons

Crownless King

First Post
First of all, what are the pros/cons of having a bigger greatsword? a friend of mine wants to use a huge greatsword but we dont know if it gets anything at all.

secondly Is there anyway to get the greatsword to talk? i know of the annointed knight PrC but im looking for something else that might be easier since hes not going to be going that far into the class, btw this weapon is an ancestral relic, so any weapon enhancement applies.

Plz add in the source of any information that you post, thanks.

Dandu

First Post
First of all, what are the pros/cons of having a bigger greatsword? a friend of mine wants to use a huge greatsword but we dont know if it gets anything at all.
Size increases. Check the SRD.
secondly Is there anyway to get the greatsword to talk? i know of the annointed knight PrC but im looking for something else that might be easier since hes not going to be going that far into the class, btw this weapon is an ancestral relic, so any weapon enhancement applies.
Intelligent item. Check the SRD.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Use strongarm bracers from Magic Item Compendium to use a bigger Greatsword with no attack penalty. An Enlarge Person spell/potion will also increase your greatsword's size.

Magesmiley

Explorer
Pros: More damage.
Cons: Penalties to hit. More effort (handedness) to wield. Might be too big to wield at all.

There is a sizing ability in the Magic Item Compendium that might be of use.

As far as talking... making the item intelligent is the obvious choice. With ancestral weapon you could pick the intelligent weapon abilities as part of the improvements to the weapon.

I suppose if you have a wizard/sorcerer with a twisted sense of humor he/she could have a lot of fun with the magic mouth and/or ventriloquism spells and making the guy think he has a talking sword...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads