• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e E6 game. Experiences? Advice?

Ahoy ahoy all! I'm going to be running a 3.5e game soon for a bunch of new players, some have played a bit here and there, some not at all, but nobody besides myself has any real experience with 3.5. I was considering making it an E6 game after reading about it and seeing a lot of rave reviews, but I wanted to run it by you fine folk first and see if I could get some opinions and advice on the matter.

I'll definitely be starting at level 3. Level 1 is just frankly too boring, and too swingy for my like. I don't want my players dying to a couple of stray arrow because they have all of 8HP.

Is there a solid list of E6 specific feats somewhere? I've seen some thrown around in X, Y, Z places, but they were all sort of ideas, and they were all pitched when the idea was first made and weren't really tested. Since this is about 10 years later I wanted to see how the concept had been refined.

Was the issue of prestige classes ever resolved? Like above, I saw the idea of turning some prestige classes into feat chains and I thought that was a brilliant idea, but again I don't know how well it was tested/if anyone had a good grasp as to which classes would be good candidates for that (Chameleon jumps out at me as a great epic feat/feat chain).

What have you all seen and what do you all think of it? Looking forward to hearing about it!

Remove ads