3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Ambrus

Explorer
Dire Lemming, as a Beguiler, I was wondering whether you intended to put skill ranks into Search and Disable Device. I'm focusing my character largely on stealth and movement based skills, leaving very few skill points left over for infiltration skills. As a scout, I also don't have Open Locks as a class skill... I didn't really see my character as a mechanically minded type, but I figure that it's not entirely fair to leave it all up to you alone. I'd propose splitting up the task; I could try maxing out my Search skill and you could handle the Disarm Device side of things. I find em, you crack em. :heh:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well um, I'm actually already maxing search. :heh:

I don't have any ranks in open lock or disable device though.

Bluff +11 (7 ranks, Cha +4)
Diplomacy +16 (7 ranks, Cha +4, Misc +5)
Forgery +10 (7 ranks, Int +3)
Knowledge (Sigil) +10 (7 ranks, Int +3)
Listen +10 (7 ranks, Wis +1, Misc +2)
Search +10 (7 ranks, Int +3)
Sense Motive +10 (7 ranks, Wis +1, Misc +2)
Speak Language (1 rank)
Spellcraft +10 (7 ranks, Int+3)
Spot +3 (Wis +1, MIsc +2)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well that's ironic.

Hey, I noticed that we're using armor as DR so are we also using that level based defense bonus as well to make up for the loss of AC?

Last edited:

Cage-Rattler

First Post
I'm going to keep the armor rules as they are for now, since they still provide an (albeit reduced) AC bonus. That, plus Dexterity, Shield, and miscellaeneous modifiers means that you should be able to still get your AC up to respectable levels and enjoy DR, to boot.

I don't have Unearthed Arcana, so I'm initially inclined to say no. As always, if there's something you'd really like to take, let me know about it and I'll consider on a case basis.

Remove ads