3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Ambrus

Explorer
Here's a tentative build. If chosen, I'll come back and work to flesh out the details and background further, based on the other characters in the group. :)

Istvan
Whisper Gnome Psychic warrior 2 / Scout 3

NG Small humanoid (gnome)
Init +6; Senses Low-light vision, darkvision 60-ft.; Listen +5, Spot +5,
Languages Common, Gnome
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 11;
skirmish +1 AC, uncanny dodge
+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type
WP 12, VP 31 (5d8 HD); DR 4/–
Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +2
Spd 50 ft.
Melee ?
Ranged ?
Base Atk +3; Grp -2 (0 to escape a grapple)
Atk option Skirmish +1d6;
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
Power Points/Day 2;
Psychic Warrior Power Known (ML 2nd):
1st–?, ?
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st):
1/day–ghost sound, mage hand, message, silence
Abilities Str 8, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Chr 10
SQ trackless step, trapfinding
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Up the Walls, Weapon Finesse
Skills Balance +7, Climb +4, Concentration +9, Disguise +10, Hide +18, Jump +19, Listen +5, Move Silently +17, Search +5, Tumble +15, Spot +5
Possessions Mithral chain shirt, boots of striding & springing, hat of disguise
Treasure 4,600 gp
Experience 10,000
Height 3' 2" Weight 42 lbs Age 53 years[/Sblock][Sblock=Background]Free; the one word that now defines Istvan. In his younger years the young gnome, along with most of his kinfolk, could only imagine what it meant. They were the slaves of a tyrannical human government who had conquered their homeland. Some gnomes were kept as personal servants while others were forced to mine the deep earth for precious minerals; a job the diminutive folk proved ideal for. Istvan spent his childhood in such a mine alongside his mother, listening to the elders' tales of green pastures, sweet air and freedom. It was a dream he carried in his heart both when awake or sleeping. The young gnome's dreams proved to have power and with time they engendered within him the will and means to attempt escape.

Accused of hoarding gemstones by a foreman, Istvan's mother was wiped to death before the young gnome. Empowered by the traumatic experience and his mother's anguish filled plea for him to run and hide, Istvan did just that. It was a trying ordeal but Istvan did eventually make it past the many guards and out of the mine into the open air. Once free Istvan kept running, much further and faster than most would have imagined possible. Just as no physical barriers succeeded in barring the young gnome's escape, it seemed from that moment on as if distance, time and the laws of motion themselves had no hold on the boy.

Through prairies, forests, towns and cities the young gnome ran, exalting in the feeling of newfound freedom. Istvan ran through fiefdoms and wildlands, until it seemed that he must surely reach the edge of the world. Without stopping, he dived off the edge and into the infinite planes beyond.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Scurry

First Post
A build with a few holes left in. Presumptuously, I have gone ahead and used Paragon Human. Without Paragon, I'll try to pull some stunts with Rogue levels to get something similar.[sblock]
Male Human Paragon Human 3/Warlock 2
Alignment: CN

Str: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Dex: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 stat boost from paragon]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Cha: 16 (+3) [8 points, +1 lvl boost]

Racial Abilities: 1 bonus feat at first level, +4 skill points at first level, +1 skill point/level past first

Class Abilities: Invocations, Eldritch Blast, Detect Magic, Adaptive Learning

Hit Dice: 3d8+2d6+10 = 34 VP, 14 WP

Saves:
Fortitude +3 [+1 +2 con]
Reflex +5 [+1 +4 dex]
Will +5 [+6 -1 wis]

BAB/Grapple: +3/+3
Melee: +3 or +7
Ranged: +7

Skills :
Bluff: 11 [8 ranks +3 cha]
Concentration: 10 [8 ranks +2 con]
Escape Artist: 10 [6 ranks +4 dex]
Intimidate: 6 [3 ranks +3 cha]
Knowledge (Arcana): 4 [3 ranks +1 int]
Tumble: 12 [8 ranks +4 dex]
Use Magic Device: 11 [8 ranks +3 cha]

Feats:
1st:Weapon Finesse
Bonus Feat (Human):Ability Focus(Eldritch Blast)
Bonus Feat (Paragon):???
3rd:???

Invocations: Baleful Utterance, Fearful Blast, Hideous Blow, EB 2d6

Languages: Common + bonus

Equipment: TBD[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cage-Rattler

First Post
The Decision has been made!

It's been tough, but I've taken some time and made the necessary decisions for the initial party:

Final Roster:
DireLemming
Zurai
Isida Kep'tukari
BlindAzathoth
Nac Mac Feegle
Ambrus

Thanks to everyone who showed interest; for those of you unable to join us at this time, I hope you'll stick around in case we need backup or replacements! :)

Cage-Rattler

First Post
To those of you under the Final Roster: I hope to get things rolling by Monday-ish; that should give us some time to work out the party dynamics and such. I know the weekend can be a busy time in real-life, but if i don't hear from you by Monday evening, I'll have to displace you from the party and let someone else take your place.

In terms of posting rate, I should be able to get up at least one post a day. I hope all of you will be able to make a minimum of three posts a week. Looking forward to getting this started with you!

Zurai

First Post
In terms of background, Sindr is pretty flexible. All I need is there to be either a famous (comparatively; I'm not talking Elminster, here) archmage, or a school for mages. Pretty much everything else is open to mix with the other Primes.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm in? Cool! You know, I've never gotten to ever play in a Planescape campaign before. Fifteen-some years and I've never had the chance. :D

So I guess I need to tighten-up my background and character build. Have the PCs met yet? Which prime world are we from? If I'm to be the party's main sneak and skill monkey, perhaps I should tweak my character appropriately to take skills like Open Lock and Disable Device... Any DM or player feedback or suggestions? I'd like to make a character that works well with the party. :)

Remove ads