• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Planescape Game

Lobo Lurker

First Post
I've been reading Shemeska's Planescape Story Hour and wow... It's got me really jonesing to play planescape. :D Heh, the idea of playing larger-than-life bloods as they triapse accross the planes on missions of intrigue and high-adventure appeals to me.

I personally know just a little about planescape (other than the cosmology and various facts about Sigil). Most of my knowledge comes from the game Planescape: Torment.

So... who'se up for it?!? <looks hopeful> :eek:

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Well, I'm not confident enough to DM Planescape - but I'd love to play, too. I'm currently enrolled in a new PS game that Eluvan's running but it seems to have run aground - no posts for a fortnight or more. Hint, hint!

So count me in if there's a game in the offing. I can post daily (usually).

'Nock

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
I love Planescape, and would junp at a chance to play. Not ready to DM yet, though.

Would you be wanting to play an AD&D campaign or something with 3.5ed? I think I would only be interested in a 3.5 one.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
No DM's out there?

Hey look! FOUR players, that's a party just waiting for a DM. ^_^ :lol:

Personally, I'd be interested in the 3.0/3.5 version of Planescape.

Boddynock

First Post
Yeah, much as I love the 2E Planescape stuff that I've read, I've invested too much time and energy in 3.x (never played second edition) to want to learn a retrograde set of rules!

Uh ... I think that means "me too!" :heh:

'Nock

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
How about the M&M Ruleset?

Anyone ever thought of running a Planescape campaign using the Mutants & Masterminds ruleset? I was thinking about this the other day. One of the neat things about Planescape is being able to play all manner of strange otherworldly creatures... and with M&M you can play whatever you want (as all characters are balanced equally with all other characters - point-wise).

I'd consider doing this, but I'm a novice DM at best... and I suck at coming up with campaign outlines. :(

The803

First Post
I'd be down with running a Planescape campaign with the 3.5 rules as the DM.

My one caveat is this: I know Planescape has a 'canon' of books and games and such, but I will be running Sigil and the planes as they exist in the original boxed set. "Events" in later products that changed the world have yet to happen (and may never happen).

I'd be particularly pleased if one or more players wanted to play an Outsider instead of a standard character race using the Savage Species racial level rules. A Ghaele PC would be a good cleric-substitute.

Shout back with PC ideas if you're interested, and let me know what level you would all like to start at. I'd prefer to start everyone at first level (the whole point of Sigil is planar adventures at first level) and use the standard point-buy for Abilities, but I'm nothing if not flexible.

Boddynock

First Post
Hi, The803.

Thanks for the offer! Original concept sounds great - and 1st level would be my preferred playing field anyway. I don't have Savage Species but if you wanted to point me in the right direction (ie PM me the relevant info) I'd be willing to play an Outsider if no-one else wanted to.

Otherwise I'd like to try my hand at a bard - never played one before, and Sigil would have plenty to sing about. :D How about halfling Sensate (or Sensate-wannabe) with an angelic (if you'll pardon the phrase) face and a razor-vine Cager attitude?

Hmm - actually, this halfling is taking root in my imagination. Hope someone else wants to play the Ghaele. ;)

'Nock

Boddynock

First Post
Levelled up. Ready to rock and roll!

'Nock

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Andarin Startoes "Startoes? Don't ask!"
[B]Class:[/B] Bard
[B]Race:[/B] Halfling, Divine Rank 0
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Deity:[/B] "No, cutter, I leave the powers alone - & hope for the same courtesy in return! ... Of course, I might have to change my opinion, given recent events."

[B]Str:[/B] 09 -1 (03p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (04p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 12   (1d6)
[B]Con:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -4     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 10/epic
[B]Int:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 50'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 32     [B]Fire Res:[/B] 5
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +6        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +3
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -1         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +3    +0    +2    +1    +0    +0    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +0   +1        +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +2   +1        +6
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +0   +1        +4

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Crossbow, light, small    +3     1d6        19-20/x2
Dagger, small, thrown     +4     1d3-1      19-20/x2
Rapier, small             +0     1d4-1      18-20/x2
Whip, small               +0     1d2-1      20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Halfling

[B]Abilities:[/B] +1 racial bonus on all saving throws; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear; Bardic knowledge (+3); Countersong (Su); Fascinate (Sp) - can effect 1 creature; Inspire Courage (Su) (+1); Divine Rank 0 (Godling; immortal, cannot grant spells)

[B]Godling Abilities:[/B]
[B]Transmutation:[/B] A deity is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form. Any shape-altering powers the deity might have work normally on itself.
[B]Energy Drain, Ability Drain, Ability Damage:[/B] A deity is not subject to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage.
[B]Mind-Affecting Effects:[/B] A deity is immune to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 35       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise (INT)             0    +1          +1
Balance (DEX)              1    +2   -1     +2
Bluff (CHA)                0    +3          +3
Craft (untrained) (INT)    0    +1          +1
Diplomacy (CHA)            5    +3          +8
Disguise (CHA)             0    +3          +3
Escape Artist (DEX)        0    +2   -1     +1
Forgery (INT)              0    +1          +1
Gather Information (CHA)   5    +3          +8
Hide (DEX)                 0    +2   +3     +5
Intimidate (CHA)           0    +3          +3
Jump (STR)                 0    -1   -5     -6
Knowledge (Local) (INT)    4    +1          +5
Knowledge (Planes) (INT)   1    +1          +2
Listen (WIS)               0         +2     +2
Move Silently (DEX)        0    +2   +1     +3
Perform (Sing) (CHA)       5    +3          +8
Perform (Wind Inst.) (CHA) 5    +3          +8
Ride (DEX)                 0    +2   -5     -3
Search (INT)               0    +1          +1
Swim (STR)                 0    -1   -2     -3
Tumble (DEX)               5    +2   -1     +6
Use Magic Device (CHA)     4    +3          +7
Use Rope (DEX)             0    +2          +2

[B]Spells known:[/B]  5 x 0-level - [I]Detect Magic, Light, Lullaby, Message, Read Magic[/I]
               2 x 1st-level - [I]Comprehend Languages, Tasha's Hideous Laughter[/I]
[B]Spells per day:[/B]3 x 0-level; 1 x 1st-level
[B]Save DC:[/B]0 - 13; 1 - 14

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Backpack, small          2.0gp  0.5lb
Flint & steel            1.0gp  0.0lb
Rations,small (4)        2.0gp  1.0lb
Bolts, xbow, small (10)  1.0gp  0.5lb
Crossbow, light, small  35.0gp  2.0lb
Dagger, small (2)        4.0gp  1.0lb
Musical instrument
(Recorder), small        5.0gp 0.75lb
Outfit, Explorer's, sm.  0.0gp  0.0lb
Rapier, small           20.0gp  1.0lb
Studded leather, small  25.0gp 10.0lb
Sunrod (1)               2.0gp  1.0lb
Tanglefoot Bag, small   50.0gp  1.0lb
Tindertwig (2)           2.0gp  0.0lb
Whip, small              1.0gp  1.0lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]19.75lb      [B]Money:[/B] 9gp 9sp 10cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy   Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                22.5  23.25 45.75 67.5  337.5

[B]Age:[/B] 26
[B]Height:[/B] 2'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 32lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Dirty blonde
[B]Skin:[/B] Dusky

Appearance: Standing just 2'10" tall, Andarin Startoes is easy to overlook - but only once. Anyone who trips over him is likely to feel the stinging flick of his whip in response. They will also, most likely, figure prominently in the next satire he sings at one of the many taverns he frequents around Sigil.

Small, and with an achingly beautiful face, he is not averse to trading on his looks to persuade people that he is no threat to them. His apparent naivety, however, vanishes in an instant when he chooses to take control of the situation. His singing voice soars into the roofspace of whatever venue he is performing in, transforming it into a cathedral in the listeners' minds. When he doesn't want to use words, the sweet sound of his recorder can carry an audience off into oblivion.

Despite his appearance, Andarin is as hard-bitten as they come. (At any rate, that is what he likes to think.) He dresses in adventurer's gear and studded leather armour - he finds the contrast between the dangerous and the delicate to be highly amusing - not to mention disorienting for those he deals with.

Background: Born of Cager parents - adventurers who settled in the City of Gates after amassing enough money to buy into a business there - Andarin from an early age wandered the streets of Sigil, looking, listening and learning about the dynamics of power in this dangerous environment. More than once his looks attracted the wrong sort of attention - but any malefactors were seen off in short order, either by his father's blade or his mother's spells (for they made a point of keeping an eye on him while still allowing him his freedom to roam). Pretty soon, however, Andarin developed the nous and the skills to take care of himself.

After that his parents felt no need to keep an eye on him - which was just as well, because it was at about that same time that Andarin Startoes discovered the delights of the opposite sex. Those good looks and that winning personality moved many a maiden's heart - and his developing arcane skills came in handy more than once in saving him from the notice of otherwise attentive fathers!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads