• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3D Dungeon Suggestions Needed

MrBookWyrm

First Post
OK, I'm looking to buy a 3D dungeon of some kind for my RPG gaming. A lot of people have recommended Dwarven Forge. Are there others out there? What would you recommend?

All suggestions welcome. Thank you very much!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I'm cheap, so if I were to want 3D dungeon material I would use the print to cardstock kind of thing, and not metal/ceramic or other hard material 3D dungeon products, as they are way too expensive to apply the kind of variety I would need for the games I play. Although Fat Dragon has lots of the cardstock type of products, Rite Publishing (whom I do lots of freelance work for) has a small series of products called Fold-and-Go that fit the range of my pocketbook much easier. Really though, I'm a cartographer who runs my own graphics print shop, so Fold-and-Go is much more within my capability - or more likely I would just work with a 2D print of a map that I design.

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I don't remember who the company is, and still very crafty, but more affordable than premade hard 3D dungeon products, I saw somebody at Gencon that offered foam molds and powdered ceramic material so you could make your own hard dungeon modules. Though they are still too expensive for me, it was cheaper than the premade stuff.

Last edited:

Vicente

Explorer
Dwarven Forge is amazing, great quality stuff. It's pricy though.

You can also check WorldWorks Games Terraclips line (http://www.terraclips3d.com/). It's cardstock terrain but it comes already prepared so it's just assembling the scenario you want. And the quality is amazing. Bad thing is that they are out of print, but they can be found in places like Noble Knight Games/Amazon/ebay...

Another alternative is Hirst Arts (http://www.hirstarts.com/). They sell molds so you can cast bricks and different terrain structures and from there build your own terrain. Requires you to be quite crafty and spend a looooot of time casting, gluing and painting. Some people sell prebuild stuff made with Hirst Arts molds.

Regards!

Hippy

Explorer
I highly recommend you check out DM Scotty on You Tube his show is The DM's Craft and he shows you how to make awesome looking terrain for your games out of cardboard. It is dirt cheap and anybody can do it. I have made some great stuff for my table and my players love it!

Ratskinner

Adventurer
I'll second the DMs Craft recommendation and say that various foam board and even felt solutions are very easy to work with to produce custom design that look pretty good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads