D&D 5E 3e Adventure Path in 5e

AslanC

Explorer
Note: I've asked this everywhere I post, so if you've seen it elsewhere, cool. :)

So I am getting ready to run a new adventure path for my players, to go from level 1 to as high as we can make it.

I was looking at the old 3e Ashardalon Adventure path;

The Sunless Citadel
The Forge of Fury
The Speaker in Dreams
The Standing Stone
Heart of Nightfang Spire
Deep Horizon
Lord of the Iron Fortress
Bastion of Broken Souls

Now we've run Sunless Citadel before so I might swap that out with Hoard of the Dragon Queen (would that work? and then swap out the Tiamat cultist for them serving Ashardalon, dunno).

I know Forge of Fury is a must-run for me on this one, but I've read that only Lord of the Iron Fortress and Bastion of Broken Souls really tie back to the the first two adventures.

Is this accurate?

Would it be better to replace them with Red Hand of Doom? (again subbing Tiamat with Ashardalon)

Are the other adventures that would be better suited to the plot to fill the centre bit?

I seek avail myself to your knowledge.

Cheers!

This is from memory, but not all the adventures link to Ashardalon. IIRC, it's:

The Sunless Citadel - Strong tie in
The Forge of Fury - no tie in, map found in Sunless may lead to the Glitterhame.
The Speaker in Dreams - no tie in
The Standing Stone - some tie in (the Druid Drydd mainly)
Heart of Nightfang Spire - Strong tie in
Deep Horizon - no tie in
Lord of the Iron Fortress - Strong tie in
Bastion of Broken Souls - Tie in as strong as it gets ;)

You could start them out in Forge of Fury, then do Red Hand of Doom, then Nightfang Spire, the some sub for Deep Horizon.

TheSword

Legend
This is from memory, but not all the adventures link to Ashardalon. IIRC, it's:

The Sunless Citadel - Strong tie in
The Forge of Fury - no tie in, map found in Sunless may lead to the Glitterhame.
The Speaker in Dreams - no tie in
The Standing Stone - some tie in (the Druid Drydd mainly)
Heart of Nightfang Spire - Strong tie in
Deep Horizon - no tie in
Lord of the Iron Fortress - Strong tie in
Bastion of Broken Souls - Tie in as strong as it gets ;)

You could start them out in Forge of Fury, then do Red Hand of Doom, then Nightfang Spire, the some sub for Deep Horizon.
I’m pretty sure the vampire from Heart of Nightfang Spire is the same vampire referenced in Sunless Citadel. Gulthass.

Remove ads